Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash. convert mpeg adts to normal mp3 Post 302195789 by stahoo23 on Friday 16th of May 2008 02:00:14 AM
Old 05-16-2008
Why? Can you expand it?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Convert scientific notation to normal ?

Hell friends, I wrote a script gets the summation of particular column using awk. The awk output is given in scientific notation. How do I convert the scientific notation to normal. My awk syntax : awk '{sum += $2} END { printf sum }' temprep.txt Out put is like 1.5365e+07 I want it as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
2 Replies

3. Programming

New to C... questions about this code... ADTs...

Hi, In a file called itemADT.c I have specified the itemType data type to contain a listADT (having already written this library) and an integer, which will eventually represent the no. of times the word that is stored in the listADT has occurred (when I do this, and write code to insert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eva
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

5. Programming

Convert Bash script to C

dear all, i need your advice for convert bash shell to C programming INDEX=/zpool1/NFS/INDEX/${1} SCRIPT=/zpool1/NFS/script/${1} LIST=SAMPLE cd ${SCRIPT} for i in `cat ${LIST}` do GETDATE=`echo ${i}|awk '{print substr($1,9,8)}'` /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F ":" '{close(f);f=$4}{print >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to convert to m-d-yyyy

I am using bash that when run downloads a file a verifies that there is data in it. What I am not able to do is have a user enter a date in any format they wish and have it converted to m-d-yyyy. Thank you :). Bash printf " Welcome to NGS analysis, checking for new files and creating a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Text::Tabs(3pm) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   Text::Tabs(3pm)

NAME
Text::Tabs -- expand and unexpand tabs per the unix expand(1) and unexpand(1) SYNOPSIS
use Text::Tabs; $tabstop = 4; # default = 8 @lines_without_tabs = expand(@lines_with_tabs); @lines_with_tabs = unexpand(@lines_without_tabs); DESCRIPTION
Text::Tabs does about what the unix utilities expand(1) and unexpand(1) do. Given a line with tabs in it, expand will replace the tabs with the appropriate number of spaces. Given a line with or without tabs in it, unexpand will add tabs when it can save bytes by doing so (just like "unexpand -a"). Invisible compression with plain ASCII! EXAMPLE
#!perl # unexpand -a use Text::Tabs; while (<>) { print unexpand $_; } Instead of the "expand" comand, use: perl -MText::Tabs -n -e 'print expand $_' Instead of the "unexpand -a" command, use: perl -MText::Tabs -n -e 'print unexpand $_' LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2002,2005,2006 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2005 Aristotle Pagaltzis This module may be modified, used, copied, and redistributed at your own risk. Publicly redistributed modified versions must use a different name. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 Text::Tabs(3pm)