Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk output issues.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk output issues. Post 302195771 by ilan on Friday 16th of May 2008 12:04:34 AM
Old 05-16-2008
may be you should provide input data which gives clarity on your requirement.

-ilan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issues with AWK

Hi there I have written a ksh script on a Red Hat OS and the following extract works. awk '{if (NR != 1) {print $rec1_field }}' $file1 >> combined When I run the same script on an AIX OS, I get the following error. awk: 0602-562 Field $() is not correct. The input line number is 2. The... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk Performance Issues

Hi All, I'm facing an issue in my awk script. The script is processing a large text file having the details of a number of persons, each person's details being written from 100 to 250 tags as given below: 100 START| 101klklk| ... 245 opr| 246 55| 250 END| 100 START| ... 245 pp| 246... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgp_acc1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi Im trying to tidy up the output of a who command when it writes to a log, everything I've tried doesnt seem to work though, any help would be massively appreciated. Im using the awk command to set the OFS as tab. #!/bin/bash who >> /export/home/tjmoore/logusers awk -F 'BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi, Could anyone tell me what Im doing wrong here any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash ls -ltr /export/home/tjmoore > /export/home/tjmoore/log100 awk -F " " /export/home/tjmoore/log100 'BEGIN {OFS="\t";} {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5, $6,$7,$8,$9;}' > /export/home/tjmoore/log1001 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with awk and tcsh

Hello experts, I have two files which I'm uploading. One is an awk script and other file acts as an input to the script via positional parameter. awk -f intlmenu.awk jobsq.txt This run fine in C shell on SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.7. When I run it on Solaris 10 ( tcsh shell ) I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues in reading file using 'awk'

Dear all, I am using following function of some script to assign variable "JobNo" some value form file $SAMPLE"_status.log" ( generated using the red color command ) crab ntuplize_crab -status -c $SAMPLE >& $SAMPLE"_status.log" & echo $SAMPLE"_status.log" "=====" jobNo=$(awk... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with executing awk

I am piping some output to awk and would like to print fields $1 $2 and $3 $4 only if they exist. Note the awk begins with awk '{print $NF " " since I want the last field printed first. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: motdman
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command output redirection to file issues

Hi, I have a peculiar issue w.r.t redirecting the command output to a file when using loop. I am redirecting command output to same file in a series of if condition statements, but if one block of if condition statement writes the log to the file , the subsequent block of if condition... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues formatting output of two commands in a single line.

I wish to generate output of two commands in the same line separated by a single white-space. Below is my command and output in the same line. ls -ltr fname1.out | awk '{$2=$4=$5=x; print}' | tr '\n' '\t' | tr -s ' '; cksum<fname1.out | cut -d' ' -f1 Output: -rw-r--r--. root Aug 26 16:57... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
XSetICFocus(3)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS						    XSetICFocus(3)

NAME
XSetICFocus, XUnsetICFocus - set and unset input context focus SYNTAX
void XSetICFocus(XIC ic); void XUnsetICFocus(XIC ic); ARGUMENTS
ic Specifies the input context. DESCRIPTION
The XSetICFocus function allows a client to notify an input method that the focus window attached to the specified input context has received keyboard focus. The input method should take action to provide appropriate feedback. Complete feedback specification is a matter of user interface policy. Calling XSetICFocus does not affect the focus window value. The XUnsetICFocus function allows a client to notify an input method that the specified input context has lost the keyboard focus and that no more input is expected on the focus window attached to that input context. The input method should take action to provide appropriate feedback. Complete feedback specification is a matter of user interface policy. Calling XUnsetICFocus does not affect the focus window value; the client may still receive events from the input method that are directed to the focus window. SEE ALSO
XCreateIC(3), XOpenIM(3), XSetICValues(3), XmbResetIC(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XSetICFocus(3)