Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to clear the content of a pipe (STDIN) after it is written to another program? Post 302195682 by vvaidyan on Thursday 15th of May 2008 06:37:53 PM
Old 05-15-2008
problem solved

There is high potential for me to get beaten up in this forum for what silly mistake i did, which was causing all the problem. But I know several people have looked in through this thread spending significant time in providing me the solution, and this is something I do not take it for granted.

This is what was causing the problem:

int StartPipe(iosockinet &s, char input_to_program_b[])
{
int fd1[2];
int fd2[2];
pid_t pid;
char line[MAXLINE];

I did not initialise the above char array to null;

char line[MAXLINE] = {0}; solved the problem.

Thank you so much guys, I learnt a lot from the information you guys provided me with.
Vivek

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
1 Replies

2. Programming

C++ How to use pipe() & fork() with stdin and stdout to another program

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform action file name written to the pipe

Hello, I have a script that monitors files uploaded via ftp. After a successful upload, the file name is written to the pipe. There is another program that reads this pipe and allows automatically run any program or script ( say test.sh ) to process the newly uploaded file. cat test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3 - There is no process to read data written to a pipe

I have the following code which works on AIX 4.3 but fails at times on AIX 5.3 with: cat: 0652-054 cannot write to output. There is no process to read data written to a pipe. validator="${validator_exe} ${validator_parms}" cmd_line="${CAT} ${data_file} | ${validator}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
6 Replies

6. AIX

Tape drive problem - no process to read data written to a pipe

Hi Everyone, The machine I'm working on is an AIX 5.3 LPAR running on a P650. oslevel -r shows 5300-08. I'm trying to take a backup to a SCSI tape drive, which has been working up until this point. I know of nothing that has changed recently to cause this problem. But when I try to take a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No process to read data written to a pipe on AIX

We use SAP application cluster on AIX. Communication between 2 of its instances is failing randomly with the following error: java.net.SocketException: There is no process to read data written to a pipe. The above error causes a cluster restart if an important communication fails. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
0 Replies

8. Programming

How to prevent a C++ program reading a file that is still being written to.?

Hi, Hopefully someone can help. We have a process that writes a file using Connect Direct to our local Solaris server and then our C++ program will pick up the file and process it. Unfortunately, because of the size of the file, the C++ program is processing the file before it has finished... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
7 Replies

9. Programming

Debugging a program written in two languages

Subject: Debugging a program written in two languages Platform: Linux (Kubuntu) I am trying to debug a C application with bindings to some simple functions written in Ada using the GNAT Programming Studio IDE (GPS). The main entry point is in C. The debugger is gdb. I managed to compile... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiGHTS
0 Replies

10. Programming

Clear standard input buffer for C program in Linux

Hello friends! i am writing a code in which i take inputs (numbers) from user and count the total number of positive, negative and zeros entered. I need to clear my standard input buffer before scanf() command. My compiler is completely ignoring the fflush(stdin) command. its not even showing any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
1 Replies
rudecgi(3)							   User Manuals 							rudecgi(3)

NAME
rudecgi - access formdata in CGI applications SYNOPSIS
#include <rude/cgi.h> rude::CGI CGI(); static void finish(); static const char *version(); static void setPathDelimiter(char delimiter); static void addPathMapName(const char *pathname ); static void setPathMapVoid(const char *emptyname); static void parsePathMap(bool shouldParse); static void parsePath(bool shouldParse); static void parseCookies(bool shouldParse); static void maxPostLength(long bytes); void setCaseSensitive(bool isCaseSensitive); int numValues() const; int numValues(const char *fieldname) const; const char *fieldnameAt(int position) const; bool exists(const char *fieldname) const; bool isFile(int index) const; bool isFile(const char *fieldname) const; bool isFile(const char *fieldname, int position); const char *datasource(int index) const; const char *datasource(const char *fieldname) const; const char *datasource(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char * operator[](const char *fieldname); const char * operator[](int x); const char *value(int index) const; const char *value(const char *fieldname) const; const char *value(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *length(int index) const; const char *length(const char *fieldname) const; const char *length(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *contenttype(int index) const; const char *contenttype(const char *fieldname) const; const char *contenttype(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *filename(int index) const; const char *filename(const char *fieldname) const; const char *filename(const char *fieldname, int position) const; const char *filepath(int index) const; const char *filepath(const char *fieldname) const; const char *filepath(const char *fieldname, int position) const; std::ostream& operator<<(std::ostream& os,const CGI& cgi); DESCRIPTION
The RudeCGI library is used to access formdata within C++ CGI applications. EXAMPLES
Examples, how-to's and tutorials can also be found at the rudeserver.com website Basic Usage #include <rude/cgi.h> #include <iostream> using namespace std; using namespace rude; int main(void) { // Obtain the cgi instance // CGI cgi; // Print out standard CGI HTTP Response header // cout << "Content-Type: text/html0; // Print out HTML // cout << "<html><body>" << "You selected the color: " ; // use the cgi object to obtain form data // cout << cgi["color"]; cout << "</body></html>"; return 0; } SEE ALSO
rudeconfig(3), rudedatabase(3), rudesocket(3), rudesession(3) REPORTING PROBLEMS
Before reporting a problem, please check the rudeserver.com web site to verify that you have the latest version of rudecgi; otherwise, obtain the latest version and see if the problem still exists. Please read the FAQ at: http://www.rudeserver.com/ before asking for help. Send questions and/or comments to matt@rudeserver.com AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2000 Matthew Flood (matt@rudeserver.com) This software is provided "as-is," without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. See the distribution directory with respect to requirements governing redistribution. Thanks to all the people who reported problems and suggested various improvements in rudecgi; who are too numerous to cite here. Version 4.1.1 January 11, 2006 rudecgi(3)