Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How can i copy files by date last modifed range? Post 302195614 by Danny.Chouinard on Thursday 15th of May 2008 12:44:59 PM
Old 05-15-2008
You can also tell find to find files that are newer than one file.
Code:
find . -type f -newer timestamped_file -print

will print all the files that were modified since the last time timestamped_file was modified.

man find reveals all. Smilie

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 05-16-2008 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Files within a particular date range

Hi, Can someone please help me with this. Actually i want to move files from one directory to another directory , But I just want to move files of a specific data range. For ex: This is my directory which contains all fine. /home/Rooh Then there is a long listing of files. suppose this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp only files in certain date range

hi all, I'm trying to do a cp only on files I created on a given day or within a certain date range. What's the best way to do this? Cheers, KL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ee7klt
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can Copy a Range of files from Tape to Hard disk

Hi: I am a trying to write a script using a loop i guess. What I need to do is write a script that can allow my users to load a tape and copy a range of files from a tape to the hard disk. By range I mean, I would like the users to pick a range of numbers like files 3 - 8 and the script will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjazzie
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display files that have been modifed between a given date range

Hi, I am new to Unix and was trying different ways of how to display the list of file names modified between a given date range in sorting order.I will get the fromdate and Todate from the browser, I need to display the list of all the file names that are modified between the given date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prathima
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with removing files with date range

Hi, I want to remove trace files in a particular directory for a specific date range. Currently i can remove based on time (e.g find /path/*.trm -mtime +1000 -exec rm {} \;). But i want to remove .trm files within a date range. E.g to remove .trm files between jan 1 2002 to April 15 2005. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files given a range of numbers

Hi, I have about 500 files in a directory. The filenames are numbered i.e. 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat,...,500.dat. I have 5 other empty directories where I have to copy the files in different range of numbers, for example, 1.dat to 300.dat in dir1, or 200.dat to 500.dat in dir2, another example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted files between date range

Dear Friends, I have HP_ux 11.31 and want to delete some unwanted very old log files between two date range. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Find Files within date Range

Hi i am looking to expand a command i am using to find files in a large file system. i am currently using find /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/ -type f -size +3G | -exec mv {} /raid/JOBFLOW_LOCKED/KILL \; This works really well but i would like to add a date range to the same command to refine it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
lndir(1X)																 lndir(1X)

NAME
lndir - create a shadow directory of symbolic links to another directory tree SYNOPSIS
lndir fromdir [todir] DESCRIPTION
lndir makes a shadow copy todir of a directory tree fromdir, except that the shadow is not populated with real files but instead with sym- bolic links pointing at the real files in the fromdir directory tree. This is usually useful for maintaining source code for different machine architectures. You create a shadow directory containing links to the real source which you will have usually NFS mounted from a machine of a different architecture, and then recompile it. The object files will be in the shadow directory, while the source files in the shadow directory are just symlinks to the real files. This has the advantage that if you update the source, you need not propagate the change to the other architectures by hand, since all source in shadow directories are symlinks to the real thing: just cd to the shadow directory and recompile. The todir argument is optional and defaults to the current directory. The fromdir argument may be relative (e.g., ../src) and is relative to todir (not the current directory). Note that RCS, SCCS, and CVS.adm directories are not shadowed. Note also that if you add files, you must run lndir again. Deleting files is difficult because the symlinks will point to places that no longer exist. BUGS
The patch routine needs to be able to change the files. You should never run patch from a shadow directory. Use a command like the following to clear out all files before you can relink (if the fromdir has been moved, for instance): find todir -type l -print | xargs rm The following command will find all files that are not directories: find . ! -type d -print lndir(1X)