Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pkgadd problem
Operating Systems Solaris Pkgadd problem Post 302195501 by vikashtulsiyan on Thursday 15th of May 2008 08:17:09 AM
Old 05-15-2008
SUN has released a new product Service Tool Bundle. it is basically a installation script which install many applications like Servicetags, Explorer, sneep. You need not bother about adding these applications manually. The script will do it for you. It is simple and easy to use.
download it from
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-F@CDS-CDS_SMI

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pkgadd / gnutar

I have sucessfully installed GNUtar using pkgadd but with some questions: When I tried to install with pkgadd -d GNUtar (which is the directory of the package) - I received the error "pkgadd: command not found" Then I tried the same but with pkgadd -d. GNUtar and it installed fine. (found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd

I am adding gcc 3.3.2 to my unix box what is the best way to do it???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alsande
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PKGADD error

Hello.. I'm making a pkg file that inserts a few files into an existing directory structure. I'm having some trouble in that the package will insert the directories I need.. but will fail to put the files I want into those directories. What I'm getting is this: ERROR: attribute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bags
2 Replies

4. Solaris

pkgadd

is there an option in pkgadd to accept the default option? I want to use pkgadd in a script and do not want to stop at intercative questions. thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

5. Solaris

pkgadd help

I'm trying to install a package and it worked on most of the sun boxes and one of the box is just freezing and not going further. Her is the output. pkgadd -d packagename.dstream Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages). (default: all) : Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

pkgadd?

Hi all. Is there an option to #pkgadd to test if package bundle you want to install requires a reboot? #pkgadd -d "package bundle" an option like test or a dry run? Suggestions, anyone? :confused: Reloader (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reloader
2 Replies

7. Solaris

pkgadd woes

Morning all, I am attempting to load a package from a Solaris 8 CDROM. This fails with the error : "pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file </cdrom/ .........../SUNWlibC/pkgmap> No changes were made to the system" Any help would be appreciated Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
6 Replies

8. Solaris

pkgadd changes permissions of /etc

Hi, when I install a package using pkgadd, it correctly installs the binary files with the user name that I want. However it also changes the permissions of /etc/rc2.d. I don't want this to happen. I want to retain original owner of /etc/rc2.d as it is. I could see that before installing,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: funwithdolphin
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Pkgadd with firefox

I am using Solaris 10, and trying to keep a number of old Sun workstations running. Since version 17 of firefox, I have had problems using pkgadd, and had to use tar to un-archive the components of firefox. Is this just a problem with firefox (and probably thunderbird), or is pkgadd broken (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkoval
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pkgadd issue

Good Afternoon, I have 3 video driver packages in a directory that need to be installed. on a SunBlade 2500 running Solaris9. When I try running pkgadd -d /Recovery/CloneDrivers/SUNWpfbcf for example, I get pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/spool/pkg> Permissions are 755, owner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
cdsclient(1m)															     cdsclient(1m)

NAME
cdsclient - A dcecp object that represents a Cell Directory Service client SYNOPSIS
cdsclient disable client_name cdsclient help [operation | -verbose] cdsclient operations cdsclient show client_name DESCRIPTION
The cdsclient object allows some low-level control over a CDS client in the local cell. Use it to disable a running client by shutting it down gracefully and to display a limited set of the attribute and counter information that is currently known to the client. ARGUMENTS
The name of one CDS client running somewhere in the local cell. Specify the client name using one of the formats: /.../cell_name/hosts/host_name/cds-clerk /.:/hosts/host_name/cds-clerk The name of the cdsclient operation for which to display help information. ATTRIBUTES
The number of authentication failures encountered by the client since it started. The number of times the client bypassed the cache when looking for information. The number of times the client used the cache when looking for information. The date-time stamp representing when the current client started. The number of non-read, non-write operations processed by the client since it started. The number of protocol errors encountered by the client since it started. The number of read operations processed by the client since it started. The number of write operations processed by the client since it started. OPERATIONS
cdsclient disable Disables the specified CDS client. The syntax is as follows: cdsclient disable client_name The specified client must be running somewhere in the local cell, and you must have the privileges to access that machine. This operation returns an empty string on success. Privileges Required You must have d (delete), w (write), and c (create) permissions on the namespace entry of the clerk. Example dcecp> cdsclient disable /.:/hosts/blech/cds-clerk dcecp> cdsclient help Returns help information about the cdsclient object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: cdsclient help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the cdsclient object. Used without an argument or option, cdsclient help returns brief information about each cdsclient operation. The optional operation argu- ment is the name of an operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option to display detailed information about the cdsclient object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the cdsclient help command. Examples dcecp> cdsclient help disable Disables the specified CDS client. show Returns attribute information about the named CDS client. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid opera- tions for this command. dcecp> cdsclient operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the cdsclient object. The syntax is as follows: cdsclient operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the cdsclient operations command. Examples dcecp> cdsclient operations disable show help operations dcecp> cdsclient show Returns attribute information about the specified CDS client. The syntax is as follows: cdsclient show client_name The attributes returned mostly represent counter information, which can be used to help isolate a problems with a CDS client. The order the attributes are returned is fixed within CDS. Privileges Required You must have r (read) permissions on the namespace entry. Example dcecp> cdsclient show /.:/hosts/blech/cds-clerk {Creation_Time 1995-10-11-15:09:45.187-04:00I-----} {Protocol_Errors 0} {Authentica- tion_Failures 0} {Read_Operations 78935} {Cache_Hits 55007} {Cache_Bypasses 23726} {Write_Operations 50} {Miscellaneous_Operations 53} dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cdsadv(1m), dcecp(1m), dcecp_cds(1m). cdsclient(1m)