Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to change time on servers Post 302195444 by masquerer on Thursday 15th of May 2008 06:13:06 AM
Old 05-15-2008
How to change time on servers

Hi all
We are currently using AIX 5.3, we reuquire to change the time according to the daylight saving scenario. We are using the internal clock and are not synced with ntp server. Can any one please tell me how to do that without effecting the processes running on the servers?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Synchronize time on several AIX servers ?

Hi, I want to synchronize time on several AIX servers - I don't want to set very precise time value, but I want all the servers to have same time value. How do I do that ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers

I am trying to write a script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers. My environment runs purely ssh / scp not rsh / rcp and therefore coping using rcp is not an option. I have been playing with expect to perform tasks but think there must be a better way. Has anyone got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stolz
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Change password of linux servers remotely

Hi, I am very bad at scripting. I need help from scripting experts... I need to change password of around 100 linux remote servers. I have been given a script for changing the password that automates the task. however I do not understand the usage and meaning of the script, the script is an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuka
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script:Change password on 1000+ servers

Hello Folks Scenario : I have a linux box (expect tool installed) which connects to 1000+ other boxes (either Solaris or AIX or Linux ) with a specific id and password using SSH. I now wish to write a script (Shell and/or expect and/or Python) which will change this existing password to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Change passwd for bulk servers using SSH script

Hi, I need to Change passwd for bulk servers using SSH script. I have one server, from which i can reach all the servers without password via SSH. There is some expect script, from which i can achieve it. Can any one help me out here. Thanks in advance. Vicky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickyingle5
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the files in 2 different servers for change or modification

I have the following requirement; I need to compare set of files in 2 different servers A and B. Both have same sets of files and directory structure First I need to move the files from Server A to server B Compare the corresponding file in B server and see if it has modified (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem about NFS to change the share folder at several servers.

All, I re-wrote our scripts to speed-up the compiling time, original time is about 1hrs. now dispatch the sub task to different servers through SSH. Now my question is that: If dispatch these tasks into the current server, there is no errors during compiling process. If dispatch these tasks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fduan001
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can we connect multiple servers at a time?

help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
0 Replies

9. AIX

Time of query execution much different between 3 servers

Hello, I have 3 AIX 6.1 machines running INFORMIX 11.7 database engine. One of these servers is the database server and the other 2 servers are connecting to it. I am doing a test to determine the time of query execution between these servers and i see that in specific times one of these... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to change password for all other servers

Hey Gurus, I have this requirement to change the password for other servers remotely from one server. So, I installed public keys on all servers and wrote the following script to do the job. Something appears to be wrong with my loop, as it only changes one server and ignores the rest. I'm... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
24 Replies
NTP(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    NTP(8)

NAME
ntp - query an ntp clock SYNOPSIS
ntp [-v] [-s] [-f] hosts... DESCRIPTION
ntp sends an ntp packet to the ntp daemon running on each of the given hosts. A daemon fills in fields of the ntp packet as per RFC-???? and sends the packet back. ntp then formats and prints the result on the standard output. The default output shows the delay, offset, and date in ctime() format. Options can reset the time of the local system clock. OPTIONS
-v Verbose output, showing the full contents of received ntp packets, plus caluclated offset, displacement, etc. -s Set system time-of-day clock. Will only happen if time offset is less than compiled-in constant WAYTOBIG (currently 1000 seconds). Will not happen if remote host is unsynchronized. -f Force setting system clock regardless of offset. Must be used with -s option. Still will not reset clock if remote system is unsynchronized. NTP RESULTS
The default output for each host looks like this: 128.8.10.1: delay:1.845207 offset:-0.358460 Mon Mar 20 08:05:44 1989 The verbose output for each host looks like this: Packet from: [128.8.10.1] Leap 0, version 1, mode Server, poll 6, precision -10 stratum 1 (WWVB) Synch Distance is 0000.1999 0.099991 Synch Dispersion is 0000.0000 0.000000 Reference Timestamp is a7bea6c3.88b40000 Tue Mar 7 14:06:43 1989 Originate Timestamp is a7bea6d7.d7e6e652 Tue Mar 7 14:07:03 1989 Receive Timestamp is a7bea6d7.cf1a0000 Tue Mar 7 14:07:03 1989 Transmit Timestamp is a7bea6d8.0ccc0000 Tue Mar 7 14:07:04 1989 Input Timestamp is a7bea6d8.1a77e5ea Tue Mar 7 14:07:04 1989 umd1: delay:0.019028 offset:-0.043890 Tue Mar 7 14:07:04 1989 The various fields are interpreted as follows: Packet from: [address] The address that this ntp packet was received from. Leap indicator: n The leap second indicator. Non-zero if there is to be a leap second added or subtracted at the new year. Status: n Stratum: n (source) The stratum of the clock in the NTP hierarchy, along with the source of the clock, either the name of a reference standard (such as WWVB or GOES) or the Internet address of the clock that this clock is derived from. Poll = n The desired poll rate of the peer. Precision = exponent (dec) The claimed precision of the clock, in seconds. Synchronizing Dist is ??? Synchronizing Dispersion is ??? The next five timestamps are given as NTP fixed-point values, in both hexadecimal and ctime(3). These are set either by this ntp process, or by the server we are quering. Reference Timestamp is hex-timestamp ctime string The last time the server clock was adjusted. (remote time) Originate Timestamp is hex-timestamp ctime string When the ntp request was transmitted by us to the server. (local time) Receive Timestamp is hex-timestamp ctime string When the ntp request was received at the server. (remote time) Transmit Timestamp is hex-timestamp ctime string When the ntp response was transmitted by the server. (remote time) Input Timestamp is hex-timestamp ctime string When the ntp response was received by us. (local time) hostname: delay:time offset:time The summary of the results of the query, giving the hostname of the responding clock (from the command line), the round-trip delay, and the offset between the two clocks (assuming symmetric round-trip times). BUGS
Using ntp with the current host will show inaccurate results. Probably a few others. Report bugs to Louis A. Mamokos (louie@trantor.umd.edu). SEE ALSO
RFC-???? Network Time Protocol(1), Dave Mills and ... ntpd(8), ntpdc(8) 30 July 1988 NTP(8)