Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Have I found a bug?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Have I found a bug? Post 302195412 by era on Thursday 15th of May 2008 03:43:59 AM
Old 05-15-2008
I find that irritating, though.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Y2.038K bug

Does any1 hav the idea abt wat cause this bug in unix on jan 19th 2038??? please enlighten me abt it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bourne
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it a bug ..?

Hi All, I am using Red Hat Linux on my servers. The problem that I am facing is, sometimes the /opt usage on the server shows used percentage as 100% , when actually it is simply 20%. When I reboot the system, it comes back to 20%.Is this a bug in the system or my settings have gone wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

4. AIX

bug in 43 ???

xxxxserver# lsattr -El inet0 | grep 255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 | grep '.40' route net,-hopcount,1,-netmask,255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 How this is possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where's the bug?

#!/bin/bash if then #echo "infinite loop" exit 0 fi when I run this file I get the following error: ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: `fi' :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command not found bug

foreach x ( *.foo) echo "move file?" set move=$< if($move == y) then echo "enter new pathname:" set path=$< mv $x $path/$x endif end ok guys, im creating this script so i can move files with *.foo extensions and *.bar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantelis
6 Replies

7. Programming

is this a bug of g++?

Hello, Im using the g++(g++ Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5 4.4.5) and im trying to compile a small snippet code and got into an endless loop.I recompiled that in VS2010 under Windows 7 and the answer is as expected.so i wonder is this a bug of g++?here is my code. #include<iostream> using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has AudioScope found a bug in bash 4.4.5?

Using AudioScope.sh on Ubuntu 17.04 from a live DVD disc I came across an error. Consider the code below it is a MUCH shortened version of the KEYBOARD input in AudioScope. #!/bin/bash bash --version uname -a status=0 KEYBOARD() { read -r -p "Enter QUIT or EXIT to quit:- " kbinput if ||... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
callbacks(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      callbacks(3)

NAME
Tk::callbacks - Specifying code for Tk to call. SYNOPSIS
One can specify a callback in one of the following ways: Without arguments: ... => &subname, ... ... => sub { ... }, ... ... => 'methodname', ... or with arguments: ... => [ &subname, args ... ], ... ... => [ sub { ... }, args... ], ... ... => [ 'methodname', args... ], ... DESCRIPTION
Perl/Tk has a callback, where Tcl/Tk has a command string (i.e. a fragment of Tcl to be executed). A perl/Tk callback can take one of the following basic forms: o Reference to a subroutine "&subname" o Anonymous subroutine (closure) "sub { ... }" o A method name 'methodname' Any of these can be provided with arguments by enclosing them and the arguments in []. Here are some examples: $mw->bind($class, "<Delete>" => 'Delete'); This will call $widget->Delete, the $widget being provided (by bind) as the one where the Delete key was pressed. While having bind provide a widget object for you is ideal in many cases it can be irritating in others. Using the list form this behaviour can be modified: $a->bind("<Delete>",[$b => 'Delete']); because the first element $b is an object bind will call $b->Delete. Note that method/object ordering only matters for "bind" callbacks, the auto-quoting in perl5.001 makes the first of these a little more readable: $w->configure(-yscrollcommand => [ set => $ysb]); $w->configure(-yscrollcommand => [ $ysb => 'set' ]); but both will call $ysb->set(args provided by Tk) Another use of arguments allows you to write generalized methods which are easier to re-use: $a->bind("<Next>",['Next','Page']); $a->bind("<Down>",['Next','Line']); This will call $a->Next('Page') or $a->Next('Line') respectively. Note that the contents of the "[]" are evaluated by perl when the callback is created. It is often desirable for the arguments provided to the callback to depend on the details of the event which caused it to be executed. To allow for this callbacks can be nested using the "Ev(...)" "constructor". "Ev(...)" inserts callback objects into the argument list. When perl/Tk glue code is preparing the argument list for the callback it is about to call it spots these special objects and recursively applies the callback process to them. EXAMPLES
$entry->bind('<Return>' => [$w , 'validate', Ev(['get'])]); $toplevel->bind('all', '<Visibility>', [&unobscure, Ev('s')]); $mw->bind($class, '<Down>', ['SetCursor', Ev('UpDownLine',1)]); SEE ALSO
Tk::bind Tk::after Tk::options Tk::fileevent KEYWORDS
callback, closure, anonymous subroutine, bind perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 callbacks(3)