Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Perderabo: Is that a common handle? Post 302195377 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 11:55:44 PM
Old 05-15-2008
Small world, sort of. My naming convention for computers at home is based on Lovecraft's universe. I have/had shoggoth, innsmouth, ithaqua, dromos, numinos, kadath, ibid and arkham. And I own the domain miskatonic.ac.nz Smilie

I really enjoyed his writing style but found none of it particularly horrifying (with the exception of his rather creepy short story about the radio conversation between two chaps exploring a tomb, one on the surface, the other down below), just sort of wierd instead. But generally a very fun read.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Perderabo is a UNIX King

This post is here because I couldn't think of putting it anywhere else, and also I imagine it will be deleted since we cannot set this sort of a precedent. However I have to say Perderabo is a UNIX king. I have been a frequent user of these forums for over 2 years (under 2 different names) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question to a Perderabo script

Hi I tried this date script https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=16559#post16559 but I am probably doing something wrong. If i type: datecalc -a 2006 05 01 + 5 I get following error message: datecalc: Syntax error at line 207 If i look at line 207 i dont get it! But thats not surprising. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swissman24
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

apologies to Perderabo

Sorry Perderabo, really was only asking advice on where best to post, and if I should post. Didn't intend for that missive to be posted. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keith.m
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies
BACKGAMMON(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     BACKGAMMON(6)

NAME
backgammon -- the game of backgammon teachgammon -- learn to play backgammon SYNOPSIS
backgammon [-] [-nrwb] [-pr] [-pw] [-pb] [-t term] [-s file] teachgammon DESCRIPTION
This program lets you play backgammon against the computer or against a "friend". All commands are only one letter, so you don't need to type a carriage return, except at the end of a move. The program is mostly self-explanatory, so that a question mark (?) will usually get some help. If you answer `y' when the program asks if you want the rules, you will get text explaining the rules of the game, some hints on strategy, instructions on how to use the program, and a tutorial consisting of a practice game against the computer. A description of how to use the program can be obtained by answering `y' when it asks if you want instructions. The possible arguments for backgammon (most are unnecessary but some are very convenient) consist of: -n don't ask for rules or instructions -r player is red (implies n) -w player is white (implies n) -b two players, red and white (implies n) -pr print the board before red's turn -pw print the board before white's turn -pb print the board before both player's turn -t term terminal is type term, uses /usr/share/misc/termcap -s file recover previously saved game from file Any unrecognized arguments are ignored. An argument of a lone `-' gets a description of possible arguments. If term has capabilities for direct cursor movement (see termcap(5)) backgammon ``fixes'' the board after each move, so the board does not need to be reprinted, unless the screen suffers some horrendous malady. Also, any `p' option will be ignored. (The `t' option is not neces- sary unless the terminal type does not match the entry in the /usr/share/misc/termcap data base.) QUICK REFERENCE
When the program prompts by typing only your color, type a space or carriage return to roll, or d to double p to print the board q to quit s to save the game for later When the program prompts with 'Move:', type p to print the board q to quit s to save the game or a move, which is a sequence of s-f move from s to f s/r move one man on s the roll r separated by commas or spaces and ending with a newline. Available abbreviations are s-f1-f2 means s-f1,f1-f2 s/r1r2 means s/r1,s/r2 Use b for bar and h for home, or 0 or 25 as appropriate. AUTHOR
Alan Char FILES
/usr/games/teachgammon rules and tutorial /usr/share/misc/termcap terminal capabilities BUGS
The program's strategy needs much work. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD