Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Perderabo: Is that a common handle? Post 302195377 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 11:55:44 PM
Old 05-15-2008
Small world, sort of. My naming convention for computers at home is based on Lovecraft's universe. I have/had shoggoth, innsmouth, ithaqua, dromos, numinos, kadath, ibid and arkham. And I own the domain miskatonic.ac.nz Smilie

I really enjoyed his writing style but found none of it particularly horrifying (with the exception of his rather creepy short story about the radio conversation between two chaps exploring a tomb, one on the surface, the other down below), just sort of wierd instead. But generally a very fun read.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Perderabo is a UNIX King

This post is here because I couldn't think of putting it anywhere else, and also I imagine it will be deleted since we cannot set this sort of a precedent. However I have to say Perderabo is a UNIX king. I have been a frequent user of these forums for over 2 years (under 2 different names) and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question to a Perderabo script

Hi I tried this date script https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=16559#post16559 but I am probably doing something wrong. If i type: datecalc -a 2006 05 01 + 5 I get following error message: datecalc: Syntax error at line 207 If i look at line 207 i dont get it! But thats not surprising. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swissman24
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

apologies to Perderabo

Sorry Perderabo, really was only asking advice on where best to post, and if I should post. Didn't intend for that missive to be posted. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keith.m
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies
WRAP-AND-SORT(1)					      General Commands Manual						  WRAP-AND-SORT(1)

NAME
wrap-and-sort - wrap long lines and sort items in Debian packaging files SYNOPSIS
wrap-and-sort [options] DESCRIPTION
wrap-and-sort wraps the package lists in Debian control files. By default the lists will only split into multiple lines if the entries are longer than 80 characters. wrap-and-sort sorts the package lists in Debian control files and all .install files. Beside that wrap-and-sort removes trailing spaces in these files. This script should be run in the root of a Debian package tree. It searches for control, control.in, copyright, copyright.in, install, and *.install in the debian directory. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -a, --wrap-always Wrap all package lists in the Debian control file even if the entries are shorter than 80 characters and could fit in one line line. -s, --short-indent Only indent wrapped lines by one space (default is in-line with the field name). -b, --sort-binary-packages Sort binary package paragraphs by name. -k, --keep-first When sorting binary package paragraphs, leave the first one at the top. Unqualified debhelper(7) configuration files are applied to the first package. -n, --no-cleanup Do not remove trailing whitespaces. -d path, --debian-directory=path Location of the debian directory (default: ./debian). -f file, --file=file Wrap and sort only the specified file. You can specify this parameter multiple times. All supported files will be processed if no files are specified. -v, --verbose Print all files that are touched. AUTHORS
wrap-and-sort and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WRAP-AND-SORT(1)