Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lost+found
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lost+found Post 302195357 by morrish on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 10:27:30 PM
Old 05-14-2008
Lost+found

I need to try and sort 125gb of lost+found files and directories that look like from testing the files are good in some areas. Does anyone know of a script using strings, file, find, etc. to help sort something like this........can't find it on google.

thksSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lost+found

Hi all, after a crash of our SUN Server 220R on file system was corrupt and I had run fsck getting a lost of files/dir's in the lost+found of the file system loking like drwxrwxr-x 2 lmxadmin DOS---- 512 Oct 31 21:04 #0007680 drwxrwxr-x 2 lammer DOS---- 512 Jan 29 09:29... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lost+found

Hi all I am using SOLARIS 8 on Sun enterpris3000 server. Last night i got a file system corrupted adn some inconsistancy in the file system were shown when i run fsck -o p option. Then i tried to fix it with fsck -F ufs -y /dev/md/rdsk/d1 option as i have given all yes response i cd not able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lost+found directory

what is the directory "lost+found" and how is it used? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what is lost+found dir?

hi all, just wanted to know what is lost+found dir for? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bok
1 Replies

5. AIX

Lost+Found is not available

Hi, I have a AIX 4.3.3 running on IBM pseries server. I have some jfs filesystems running on it. I dont see Lost+Found directory in them. Can anybody guide me why it is not available. Cheers, Vinod.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod2all
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Deleted Lost+Found directory

If you delete your lost & found directory, how do you get it back, just do a mkdir? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files in Lost+Found

Hi, upon reboot of our test solaris 9 box, I was prompted to run fsck on one of the filesystems (/var). This resulted in placing all the files in the lost+found directory. I have no backup. What are my options to place the files back to /var (from lost+found, is it possible?). Appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spricks
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lost+found

Does anyone have or know of a script to help sort and display a large lost+found directory? i've googled this but not much help solaris 9 thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrish
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to recover data from lost+found

Hi All, I am facing a problem of filesystem corruption,where i am trying to recover data with fsck -f <device name> ,now it restore the corrupted data in lost+found directory.Please let me know how to recover the data from lost+found directory. Thanks, Shailesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbapotikar
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

lost+found

Hi, What is lost+found in linux ? Cheers, snj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies
Test::Compile(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Test::Compile(3pm)

NAME
Test::Compile - Check whether Perl module files compile correctly SYNOPSIS
#!perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Test::Compile; all_pm_files_ok(); DESCRIPTION
"Test::Compile" lets you check the validity of a Perl module file or Perl script file, and report its results in standard "Test::Simple" fashion. BEGIN { use Test::Compile tests => $num_tests; pm_file_ok($file, "Valid Perl module file"); } It's probably a good idea to run this in a BEGIN block. The examples below omit it for clarity. Module authors can include the following in a t/00_compile.t file and have "Test::Compile" automatically find and check all Perl module files in a module distribution: use Test::More; eval "use Test::Compile 0.09"; Test::More->builder->BAIL_OUT( "Test::Compile 0.09 required for testing compilation") if $@; all_pm_files_ok(); You can also specify a list of files to check, using the "all_pm_files()" function supplied: use strict; use Test::More; eval "use Test::Compile 0.09"; Test::More->builder->BAIL_OUT( "Test::Compile 0.09 required for testing compilation") if $@; my @pmdirs = qw(blib script); all_pm_files_ok(all_pm_files(@pmdirs)); Or even (if you're running under Apache::Test): use strict; use Test::More; eval "use Test::Compile 0.09"; Test::More->builder->BAIL_OUT( "Test::Compile 0.09 required for testing compilation") if $@; my @pmdirs = qw(blib script); use File::Spec::Functions qw(catdir updir); all_pm_files_ok( all_pm_files(map { catdir updir, $_ } @pmdirs) ); Why do the examples use "BAIL_OUT()" instead of "skip_all()"? Because testing whether a module compiles is important. "skip_all()" is ok to use with Test::Pod, because if the pod is malformed the program is still going to run. But checking whether a module even compiles is something else. Test::Compile should be mandatory, not optional. FUNCTIONS
"pm_file_ok(FILENAME[, TESTNAME ])" "pm_file_ok()" will okay the test if the Perl module compiles correctly. When it fails, "pm_file_ok()" will show any compilation errors as diagnostics. The optional second argument "TESTNAME" is the name of the test. If it is omitted, "pm_file_ok()" chooses a default test name "Compile test for FILENAME". "pl_file_ok(FILENAME[, TESTNAME ])" "pl_file_ok()" will okay the test if the Perl script compiles correctly. You need to give the path to the script relative to this distribution's base directory. So if you put your scripts in a 'top-level' directory called script the argument would be "script/filename". When it fails, "pl_file_ok()" will show any compilation errors as diagnostics. The optional second argument "TESTNAME" is the name of the test. If it is omitted, "pl_file_ok()" chooses a default test name "Compile test for FILENAME". "all_pm_files_ok([@files/@directories])" Checks all the files in @files for compilation. It runs all_pm_files() on each file/directory, and calls the "plan()" function for you (one test for each function), so you can't have already called "plan". If @files is empty or not passed, the function finds all Perl module files in the blib directory if it exists, or the lib directory if not. A Perl module file is one that ends with .pm. If you're testing a module, just make a t/00_compile.t: use Test::More; eval "use Test::Compile 0.09"; plan skip_all => "Test::Compile 0.09 required for testing compilation" if $@; all_pm_files_ok(); Returns true if all Perl module files are ok, or false if any fail. Or you could just let Module::Install::StandardTests do all the work for you. "all_pl_files_ok([@files])" Checks all the files in @files for compilation. It runs pl_file_ok() on each file, and calls the "plan()" function for you (one test for each file), so you can't have already called "plan". If @files is empty or not passed, the function uses all_pl_files() to find scripts to test If you're testing a module, just make a t/00_compile_scripts.t: use Test::More; eval "use Test::Compile 0.09"; plan skip_all => "Test::Compile 0.09 required for testing compilation" if $@; all_pl_files_ok(); Returns true if all Perl module files are ok, or false if any fail. "all_pm_files([@dirs])" Returns a list of all the perl module files - that is, files ending in .pm - in $dir and in directories below. If no directories are passed, it defaults to blib if blib exists, or else lib if not. Skips any files in "CVS" or ".svn" directories. The order of the files returned is machine-dependent. If you want them sorted, you'll have to sort them yourself. "all_pl_files([@files/@dirs])" Returns a list of all the perl script files - that is, files ending in .pl or with no extension. Directory arguments are searched recursively . If arguments are passed, it defaults to script if script exists, or else bin if bin exists. Skips any files in "CVS" or ".svn" directories. The order of the files returned is machine-dependent. If you want them sorted, you'll have to sort them yourself. AUTHORS
Sagar R. Shah "<srshah@cpan.org>", Marcel Gruenauer, "<marcel@cpan.org>", Evan Giles, "<egiles@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2012 by the authors. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Test::LoadAllModules just handles modules, not script files, but has more fine-grained control. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-27 Test::Compile(3pm)