Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: default unix accounts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers default unix accounts Post 302195356 by Smiling Dragon on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 10:17:16 PM
Old 05-14-2008
No such thing, but if you send your full name and contact details to the cyber-crime division of your local police force, I'm sure they will be happy to help you out. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting some mails from Unix mail accounts

Hi there, Is there a way to delete some messages from the mail account on a Unix machine via a script?. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the default password for those build-in accounts?

what is the default password for those build-in accounts, such as adm, sys, dhcp, oracle, guest? if not set, can they be used to login? is that a security problem? how are they designed to be used? thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clearing down old and dormant UNIX accounts

Hi Guys, First of all apologies if this is in the wrong topic. I have been given a task of coming up with an approach to identify unix accounts that are no longer in use by the user and applications, and need some ideas to of how to go about this. These accounts application accounts that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankie123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System list of all UNIX login accounts

What is the command to list all UNIX system login accounts? What is the command to list all system password parameters for UNIX(minimum length, complexity,age, invalid lockout attempts, expiration date , user inactivity lockout) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ma466
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

New To UNIX - Need Script to create report of user & group accounts

Hi, I'm new to the world of UNIX and have been asked to create a complex script (at least complex to me:confused:) for AIX UNIX to create a report of all the users on the server including server, user, UID, groups, GID, etc. Found a script using lsuser, but the output is still lacking. 2 things I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panthur
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change passwords for User accounts on multiple UNIX/Linux machines remotely?

Hello Experts, Need some direction on creating shell script for following environment: We have about 20 people in the team working as Oracle DBA's (sysdba's and appdba's). Total Servers which is a mix of Unix and Linux are 200. We do not have Root user access on any of the servers and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sha2402
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX keytab file and service accounts

we are using kerberos authentication for the Oracle database. For automation jobs we are adding service accounts to keytab. does anybody using Kerberos authentication for jobs running through CORN ? if so , how you are getting passwords for service accounts ? if anyone has ideas please share. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
0 Replies
SYNC-ACCOUNTS-CREATEUSER(8)					 chiark utilities				       SYNC-ACCOUNTS-CREATEUSER(8)

NAME
sync-accounts-createuser - helper/hook program for sync-accounts SYNOPSIS
SYNCUSER_CREATE_var=value... sync-accounts-createuser DESCRIPTION
sync-accounts-createuser is invoked by sync-accounts when sync-accounts is creating a local account. It must perform all of the tasks involved with local account creation except for the actual changes to the password, shadow and group data- bases. At the very minimum, it must create the new account's home directory (with appropriate permissions). The supplied sync-accounts-createuser script does exactly that. It may also suggest to sync-accounts modifications to the new account's passwd entry. INVOCATION
When sync-accounts-createuser is invoked, the passwd and group entries will not yet have been set up, so it may not rely on them. sync- accounts-createuser will not be supplied with any arguments. However, the following environment variables will be set, giving details about the account to be created: SYNCUSER_CREATE_USER SYNCUSER_CREATE_UID SYNCUSER_CREATE_GID SYNCUSER_CREATE_COMMENT SYNCUSER_CREATE_HOME SYNCUSER_CREATE_SHELL RESULTS
sync-accounts-createuser should usually produce no output. It can inhibit the creation of the user by outputting a single line not containing a colon; in this case, a diagnostic message will be written to sync-accounts's logfile, and the user will be skipped. Alternatively, it may write out an alternative password file entry, in which case sync-accounts will use the supplied data for the local passwd file instead of that from the remote host. The line should be in Sys-V passwd file format (regardless of localformat or remotefor- mat settings). The username field should be taken from SYNCUSER_CREATE_USER, and the password field should be x. EXIT STATUS
0 All went well, or we wrote a line without a colon to say that the account should not be created. any other There were serious problems and sync-accounts should bomb out immediately. FILES
None. ENVIRONMENT
See above. BUGS
The supplied sync-accounts-createuser does not check that it was not supplied with any arguments; nor does it check that the SYNCUSER_CRE- ATE_* variables are set, or have sensible values. AUTHOR
sync-accounts-createuser and this manpage were written by Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>. They are Copyright 1999-2002 Ian Jack- son <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk>. This manpage forms part of the sync-accounts package. sync-accounts-createuser and the sync-accounts package are free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any later version. This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, consult the Free Software Foundation's website at www.fsf.org, or the GNU Project website at www.gnu.org. SEE ALSO
sync-accounts(8), sync-accounts(5), passwd(5) Greenend 14th July 2002 SYNC-ACCOUNTS-CREATEUSER(8)