Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to clear the content of a pipe (STDIN) after it is written to another program? Post 302195353 by ilan on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 09:58:03 PM
Old 05-14-2008
to clear out the left overs in STDIN....,

fflush(STDIN);

this should work. correct me if it is no the one which you are looking for...!!

-ilan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
1 Replies

2. Programming

C++ How to use pipe() & fork() with stdin and stdout to another program

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform action file name written to the pipe

Hello, I have a script that monitors files uploaded via ftp. After a successful upload, the file name is written to the pipe. There is another program that reads this pipe and allows automatically run any program or script ( say test.sh ) to process the newly uploaded file. cat test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3 - There is no process to read data written to a pipe

I have the following code which works on AIX 4.3 but fails at times on AIX 5.3 with: cat: 0652-054 cannot write to output. There is no process to read data written to a pipe. validator="${validator_exe} ${validator_parms}" cmd_line="${CAT} ${data_file} | ${validator}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
6 Replies

6. AIX

Tape drive problem - no process to read data written to a pipe

Hi Everyone, The machine I'm working on is an AIX 5.3 LPAR running on a P650. oslevel -r shows 5300-08. I'm trying to take a backup to a SCSI tape drive, which has been working up until this point. I know of nothing that has changed recently to cause this problem. But when I try to take a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No process to read data written to a pipe on AIX

We use SAP application cluster on AIX. Communication between 2 of its instances is failing randomly with the following error: java.net.SocketException: There is no process to read data written to a pipe. The above error causes a cluster restart if an important communication fails. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
0 Replies

8. Programming

How to prevent a C++ program reading a file that is still being written to.?

Hi, Hopefully someone can help. We have a process that writes a file using Connect Direct to our local Solaris server and then our C++ program will pick up the file and process it. Unfortunately, because of the size of the file, the C++ program is processing the file before it has finished... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
7 Replies

9. Programming

Debugging a program written in two languages

Subject: Debugging a program written in two languages Platform: Linux (Kubuntu) I am trying to debug a C application with bindings to some simple functions written in Ada using the GNAT Programming Studio IDE (GPS). The main entry point is in C. The debugger is gdb. I managed to compile... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiGHTS
0 Replies

10. Programming

Clear standard input buffer for C program in Linux

Hello friends! i am writing a code in which i take inputs (numbers) from user and count the total number of positive, negative and zeros entered. I need to clear my standard input buffer before scanf() command. My compiler is completely ignoring the fflush(stdin) command. its not even showing any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
1 Replies
0LAUNCH(1)																0LAUNCH(1)

NAME
0launch -- download and run programs by URL SYNOPSIS
0launch [OPTION]... PROGRAM [ARG]... DESCRIPTION
0launch runs the given program. PROGRAM is either a URL in the form `http://site/program.xml' or a local path name like `/path/to/pro- gram.xml'. If the program is not already on your computer, 0launch downloads information about which versions are available, and lets you choose one to download. It will also (automatically) do the same for any libraries the program needs. Note that much of the functionality that was originally in 0launch has now moved to 0install(1). 0launch PROGRAM ARGS is roughly equivalent to 0install run PROGRAM ARGS See the 0install(1) man-page for more information. EXAMPLES
When a program is available using 0launch, it will have an associated URL. To run the program, simply invoke 0launch with this as an argu- ment: 0launch http://rox.sourceforge.net/2005/interfaces/Edit The first time you do this, details about the program are downloaded and cached, and you will be prompted to confirm the versions to use. In future, the program will run directly from the cache without confirmation. To check for new versions: 0launch --refresh http://rox.sourceforge.net/2005/interfaces/Edit To avoid having to keep typing the full URI, use the 0alias(1) command to create shortcuts to run your programs. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS 0launch takes many of the same options as "0install run". This page just lists the differences: -d, --download-only Deprecated. Use "0install download" instead. -f, --feed Deprecated. Use "0install add-feed" or "0install remove-feed" instead. --get-selections Deprecated. Use "0install select" instead. -i, --import Deprecated. Use "0install import" instead. -l, --list Deprecated. Use "0install list" instead. --select-only Deprecated. Use "0install select" instead. --set-selections=FILE Deprecated. Just give FILE as the PROGRAM. --show Deprecated. Use "0install select" instead. DEBUGGING TIPS
To debug 0launch itself, use the --verbose and --console options. For example: $ 0launch -vvc http://myprog To trace or debug programs run by 0launch, use the --wrapper option. For example, to run myprog --help, displaying all calls to open(2): $ 0launch --wrapper="strace -e open" http://myprog --help If your program is interpreted (e.g. a Python program), and you wish to debug the interpreter running it, you can do it like this: $ 0launch --wrapper="gdb --args python" http://myprog --help FILES
Configuration files (see freedesktop.org basedir spec): ~/.config/0install.net/injector/global Global configuration settings. ~/.config/0install.net/injector/trustdb.xml List of trusted keys. ~/.config/0install.net/injector/interfaces Per-interface settings, and extra feeds. Cached data (can be re-downloaded if lost): ~/.cache/0install.net/interfaces Downloaded cached feed files. ~/.cache/0install.net/implementations Downloaded cached implementations, indexed by manifest digest. See the 0store(1) man page for more information. LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 Thomas Leonard. You may redistribute copies of this program under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License. BUGS
Please report bugs to the developer mailing list: http://0install.net/support.html AUTHOR
Zero Install was created by Thomas Leonard. SEE ALSO
0install(1), 0alias(1), 0store(1) The Zero Install web-site: http://0install.net Thomas Leonard 2011 0LAUNCH(1)