Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle Passwords in Unix scripts Post 302195224 by clifford on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 02:49:26 PM
Old 05-14-2008
Thanks for the reply . It seems that we do not have sudo .lslpp -L sudo does not show me any thing. The password files are read only by group and it has only one member who can execute the scripts. For ps issue we are changing the scripts so that passwords are piped to sqlplus while logging in .

Is sudo a special install . We have AIX 5.2
Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix passwords?

The local policy is set in our LAN so that passwords have to be 8 characters and contain a capital letter, a small letter and a special character. Is Unix able to restrict users passwords to certain lengths and characters. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts

Hi, Can some one help me in connecting to oracle through unix shell scripts with examples. Regards Narayana Gupta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass passwords to bash scripts?

I'm finding the following command very tedious to type in all the time, so I created a one line bash script called mount.bash with the following contents: mount -t cifs //mark/C\$ -o unc=//mark\\C$,ip=10.1.1.33,user=Administrator,password=$1 /mnt/mark I don't like the fact that I have to put... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking passwords - scripts

Hi Unix experts.... I am in the process checking user and root password of more than 1000 servers manulay. I am very pissed of checking these many servers manualy. Could some one of you help me how can i check the passwords just by runing some scripts..! Need Help Guys..! :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH - Passing Unix login passwords through shell scripts

Hi All , I need to call a script runscript_B.sh on server A, the runscript_B.sh script locating in server B. The runscript_B.sh in calls another script runscript_A on server A itself. it seend, i need to be connect from Server A to Server B using ssh. I have tryed like this in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling oracle package Unix from shell scripts.

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to call a oracle package from a Unix shell script? I want to pass some input parameters to package and it will return me the output which I want to use further in my shell script. I want to know the way to capture the output values in my shell script. Please send some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run oracle procedure in unix scripts

for j in $(du -h $1| awk '{printf("%100-s \n",$2)}') do for a in $(ls -time $(find $j -name '*.txt') | awk '{printf("\n%s %s %s %s %s",$4,$7,$8,$10,$11)}') do echo "$a">output.txt done done exit 0 echo "Password : xxxxxx " > LOG/BGH_$3.out (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When did UNIX start using encrypted passwords, and not displaying passwords when you type them in?

I've been using various versions of UNIX and Linux since 1993, and I've never run across one that showed your password as you type it in when you log in, or one that stored passwords in plain text rather than encrypted. I'm writing a script for work for a security audit, and two of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the passwords securely and use in scripts?

I want to store the passwords in a global file, so that all the users will not use them to login but a process should use it. One way is to keep the passwords in a .ini file and execute the file in the start of the script and use that variable. But with this, one can echo the variable in the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
15 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)