Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can i load Xwindows or Gnome after the initial install Post 302195196 by razor3928 on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 01:52:49 PM
Old 05-14-2008
Can i load Xwindows or Gnome after the initial install

I am trying to load Xwindows on a sun240 that was deployed without it. I have the Solaris 10 disk mounted and ready but I want to make sure that I can load a Xwindows using the pkgadd command. I know its a dumb question but I rather ask a dumb question vs scrogging the box

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i install gnome under openbsd?

Right, its a basic one here. I have installed openBSD version 3.1, and gotten Xfree working, after many trial and errors. my next big problem is installing Gnome. I've unTAR'd it to /usr/bin, and, if i remember rightly, a few other places as well. how do i get the console/anything to recognise that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmford
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Express Slow to load Gnome

Hi, I recently installed the latest Solaris Express Developers Edition. I'm building a NAS and want to use RAID Z, and Solaris 10 didn't have the drivers for my HD controller card. Everything is up and running fine, but I notice it takes a good 8 minutes to load gnome (or X, not sure where it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
2 Replies

3. BSD

Install Gnome 2.22 in FreeBSD

at root command line # pkg_add -r gnome2 This will download the latest GNOME 2.22 packages from the FreeBSD FTP site, and proceed to install them on your system. Up-to-date GNOME packages for i386 and amd64 for all supported versions of FreeBSD are also available from the GNOME Tinderbox.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: very9music
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install gnome in solaris

How to install gnome in solaris 9 and 10, how to enable java environment in solaris 9 and 10. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 7.1 Rel install on 1TB won't load

Hi Folks, Have anyone install FreeBSD on 1TB hard drive and have problem like not able to boot into the system? Well, I just purchase a new Maxtor 1TB SATA 300 hard drive and install FreeBSD on it, everything install well, but then reboot and all I get is just a display cursor.... nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdme2
0 Replies

6. Solaris

zfs initial install

Can anyone tell me why /export and /export/home are showing up after an install? I'm assuming it's reading from the old default filesystem layout during installs but I don't see anywhere to change that. Thanks in advance, df -hF zfs Filesystem size used avail capacity ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)