Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cp files (>5 Mb size) from one directory to another Post 302195114 by skcontact on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 09:53:56 AM
Old 05-14-2008
yes. they are in same file system..
please let me know how can i use mv command so that all files with > 5Mb size automatically to new directory.
also there are lot many files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if 3 files have same size in directory

I need to determine if any three files have the same file size in a specified directly? I have got as far as listing the file sizes but where to go from here? ls -al |sort -n -r +4 | awq '{print $5}' Thanks in anticipation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oggle
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

files of size 0 need to be deleted inside a directory

Hiiii, I have written a script which takes backup of some log files. let say the backuplocation is --- /abc/backuplocation -rw-r--r-- 1 webmut2 spgroup 0 Jan 27 02:41 ansrpt23994.log -rw-r--r-- 1 webmut2 spgroup 0 Jan 27 02:41 ansrpt3601.log -rw-r--r-- 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files in a directory in bases of size

Hi , I want to list all files in the order of size . Just want to know which files occupies more size and which occupies less size . Is it possible with ls command ? :) Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just listing size, timestamp & name of files in a directory

How can I list the files in a directory and just show the file size, date stamp, timestamp and file name.. I've been trying to ls -lrt the directory to a file and then use the cut command but I'm not having any luck with getting the proper results.. I thought i could use the -f switch and count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the total file size for certain files per directory

Hi, I am trying to get the total file size for certain files per directory. I am using find /DirectoryPath -name '*.dta' -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{ print $NF ": " $5 }' > /users/cergun/My\ Documents/dtafiles.txt but this lists all the files in the directories. I need the total... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cergun
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to traverse directory structure and sum size of files?

How do I write a bash or ruby or perl or groovy script to print all the files in my directory tree that are one-to-two years old, the size of each file, and the sum of file sizes and then delete them? I was using find . -atime +365 -exec rm '{}' \; but the problem was that I could not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the set of files size as a sum in a directory.

Hi, Can someone help me to get the complete files size (sum) over a perod time (1 day,2days)in a directory. eg: Directory :ABC I have a1,a2,a3 files are created in last 24 hours so I need to get the some of all these files. I am using the below find command but its giving me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sorting files by size in another directory

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm trying to use a directory path to enter a new directory and sort the files there. I'm using the language C with a system call in Unix to sort the files from smallest to largest. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TedFTW
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check total files size in hdfs directory?

Is there a way to calculate the total file size of HDFS file directory in GB or MB? I dont want to use du/df command. Without that is there a way HDFS Directory - /test/my_dir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies
BTRFSCTL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       BTRFSCTL(8)

NAME
btrfsctl - control a btrfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
btrfsctl [ -d file|directory ] [ -s snapshot-name directory ] [ -S subvolume-name directory ] [ -r [+-]size ] [ -A device ] [ -a ] [ -c ] DESCRIPTION
btrfsctl is used to control the filesystem and the files and directories stored. It is the tool to create a new snapshot for the filesys- tem. OPTIONS
-d file|directory Defragment a file or a directory. If the argument is a directory, the entire b-tree under the directory is defragged. -s snapshot-name directory Creates a new snapshot of the directory specified. -S subvolume-name directory Creates a new subvolume. -r [+|-]size Resizes the filesystem with the size specified. If the value is preceded with a signed symbol, the filesystem is resized with respect to the current filesystem size. size can be suffixed by k,m or g to represent kilobytes, megabytes, or gigabytes respec- tively. -A device Scans the device for btrfs filesystem. -a Scans all devices present in the system for btrfs filesystem. -c Forces a filesystem sync. AVAILABILITY
btrfsctl is part of btrfs-progs. Btrfs is currently under heavy development, and not suitable for any uses other than benchmarking and review. Please refer to the btrfs wiki http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for further details. SEE ALSO
mkfs.btrfs(8) BTRFSCTL(8)