Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .exe package is corrupted
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users .exe package is corrupted Post 302195057 by era on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 07:41:56 AM
Old 05-14-2008
Screen shots don't help much to find out where the difference is coming from. Are, say, the first five bytes identical? What about the last five?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. AIX

LV corrupted

I'm getting the following error after we replaced a failed disk in a mirrored logical volume. We cleared the device entry in ODM before adding the new disk but when we create the mirror we get the following error after running lslv. 0516-022 lslv: Illegal parameter or structure value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alfredo Jimenez
1 Replies

3. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

4. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. Solaris

corrupted motherboard

hi i have a sun server V890 and i added two cpu/memory modules to it but it caused the motherboard to become corrupted could you please help me find what causes this problem and how to avoid it because i changed the corrupted motherboard and i want to do the expansion and I'm scared that ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)

NAME
dh_installdocs - install documentation into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdocs [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdocs is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing documentation into usr/share/doc/package in package build directories. FILES
debian/package.docs List documentation files to be installed into package. debian/copyright The copyright file is installed into all packages, unless a more specific copyright file is available. debian/package.copyright debian/package.README.Debian debian/package.TODO Each of these files is automatically installed if present for a package. debian/README.Debian debian/TODO These files are installed into the first binary package listed in debian/control. Note that README.debian files are also installed as README.Debian, and TODO files will be installed as TODO.Debian in non-native packages. debian/package.doc-base Installed as doc-base control files. Note that the doc-id will be determined from the Document: entry in the doc-base control file in question. debian/package.doc-base.* If your package needs to register more than one document, you need multiple doc-base files, and can name them like this. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. Note that this includes doc-base files. --link-doc=package Make the documentation directory of all packages acted on be a symlink to the documentation directory of package. This has no effect when acting on package itself, or if the documentation directory to be created already exists when dh_installdocs is run. To comply with policy, package must be a binary package that comes from the same source package. debhelper will try to avoid installing files into linked documentation directories that would cause conflicts with the linked package. The -A option will have no effect on packages with linked documentation directories, and copyright, changelog, README.Debian, and TODO files will not be installed. (An older method to accomplish the same thing, which is still supported, is to make the documentation directory of a package be a dangling symlink, before calling dh_installdocs.) file ... Install these files as documentation into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). EXAMPLES
This is an example of a debian/package.docs file: README TODO debian/notes-for-maintainers.txt docs/manual.txt docs/manual.pdf docs/manual-html/ NOTES
Note that dh_installdocs will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)