Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help to process each line in a file... Post 302195028 by era on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 06:56:26 AM
Old 05-14-2008
Does grep pattern `cat filenames.txt` not do what you want? Note those are backticks (ASCII 96), not regular apostrophes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process file line by line

Hi I have a csv file as follows 608, Barnwood PFS,,2 150, Barnwood CS,2,4 etc When i do for lines in `cat file.dat` the space in second argument seems to screwing the lines up. Any suggestions to get around this? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to process file line by line

Hi , I am new to shell scripting (ksh shell) and trying to accomplish few requiremtns. I have a file with the following format EMP NO EMP NAME AGE Amt Paid 12 Mark Taylor 32 32333 14 James Brown... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalsing
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read/process a .gz file, one line at a time?

Hello I'm stuck trying to solve this KSH issue and I'm hoping someone out there can offer some suggestions. I want to read lots of large .gz files one line at a time in order to compare its Error entries with a list of known errors. I can't simply do "foreach ERROR do gzcat *.gz |grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayscripter
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file line by line and process the line to generate another file

Hi, i have file which contains data as below(Only sample shown, it may contain more data similar to the one shown here) i need to read this file line by line and generate an output file like the one below i.e based on N value the number of MSISDNs will vary, if N=1 then the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process log file line by line?

Greetings, I'm new to this forum, also new to shell script I have done some simple shell script before, like backup linux machine using rsync and crontab, but now I need to do some log analyzing, which is beyond my ability... so I'm going to seek for help in this forum, hope someone could give... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunaticdawn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to process line by line and assign value to variables

Hi, there I have a file with tab and space as field separator. I need to assign values to variables then work with them, line by line. The code I wrote only works when each line has only one word. It doesn't work for the current situation. for line in `cat file.txt`; do ID=`awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwzkevin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process only new line of tail -f command from live log file?

Hi, I want to read a live log file line by line and considering those line which are newly added to file Below code I am using, which read line but as soon as it read new line from log file its starts processing from very first line of file. tail -F /logs/COMMON-ERROR.log | while read... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process a file for line count using for loop in awk

Hi, I have a file with contents So what I have to do is In short, break the file after every 6 lines and then truncate new line to tab for these 6 lines. I am not able to execute the for loop in awk properly. The idea is something like this: less file| awk '{for .... {if ((nr>=1)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossi
7 Replies
mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB) 		    mediaLib Library Functions			   mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat, mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16S_S16S_Sat, mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32_F32, mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32S_F32S - signal pre-emphasizing SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16S_S16S_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32_F32(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32S_F32S(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions applies the preemphasizer to one signal packet and updates the filter states. For monaural signals, the following equation is used: dst[i] = src[i] - alpha*src[i - 1] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1); src[-1] = 0. For stereo signals, the following equation is used: dst[2*i] = src[2*i] - alpha*src[2*(i - 1)] dst[2*i + 1] = src[2*i + 1] - alpha*src[2*(i - 1) + 1] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1); src[-2] = src[-1] = 0. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: dst Destination signal array. src Source signal array. filter Internal filter structure. n Number of samples in the source signal array. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_SignalEmphasizeFree_S16_S16(3MLIB), mlib_SignalEmphasizeInit_S16_S16(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)