Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting data and place them in different folders Post 302195011 by Vinaykumar1 on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 06:32:29 AM
Old 05-14-2008
> uname -a
SunOS e2dsavcshrdev01 5.8 Generic_117350-52 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880

SunOS release 5
How do I find sed and awk versions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting data from who by IP

Hello. I have an RS/6000 running AIX 4 and I need to be able to see if there are any users that are logged on more than once from the same terminal so I can kick them off to make room for other terminals. 64 connections is the limit. Currently I am doing this: who | more and then manually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data from a to z

Hi, Let's say I have these 3 columns; NGC1234 6 9 SL899 4 1 NGC1075 8 3 SL709 5 2 And I want to sort the data according to the first column (from a to z) like having them as: NGC1075 8 3 NGC1234 6 9 SL709 5 2 SL899 4 1 Can that be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What is the best way to copy data from place to another place?

Dear Gurus, I need you to advice or suggestion about the best solution to copy data around 200-300G from serverA(location A) to serverB(location B). Normally, I will share folder and then copy but it takes too long time(about 2 days). Do you have any suggestion or which way should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data

Hello guys. I need help figuring this one out. It's probably really easy. Thanks in advance! I have a file say for example containing this: Rice Food Carrots Food Beans Food Plates Kitchen Fork Kitchen Knives Kitchen I need: Food Rice, Carrots, Beans Kitchen Plates, Fork,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visuelz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting files or folders

I have the small script to arrange files of a descending way. ls -l |sort -r -k4 i wanted for example if I place -d one arranges only the folders or -a to arranges only the files. Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krlos07
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting

Hi All, I have a long list made of 4 columns containing entries such as the following example: a b c d 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 2 2 5 3 4 3 8 4 6 4 10 9 8 5 15 8 10So the top row is the header and I need to arrange the data in a way as to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the Data

My actual data looks like below i have given only format. i can't give exact data format of my requirement due to some reasons. I this set of data lines about 5000 I need to come up with information in below exact format of my data set : Line<space>Number1<space>"somedata":... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search data from text file in different folders

I am fairly new to unix scripting, the problem is i can understand the unix script. but i fail to write. I do not know where to start and how to end. I am sure this forum will help to achive my dream scriptings in unix. Thanks in adv for your help. Here I need.. I have list of columns in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsnrhdy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge variable data from another file into specific place?

Hello, I'm trying to create multiple commands using a variable input from another file but am not getting any successful results. Basically, file1.txt contains multiple lines with single words: <file1.txt> yellow blue black white I want to create multiple echo commands with these... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)