Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to restore the deleted files Post 302195006 by mail2sant on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 06:30:03 AM
Old 05-14-2008
how to restore the deleted files

hi,

if i delete a file from /home/san/abc.cpp in linux/unix
and i want to restore it back
how to do that ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how can i restore a deleted file

I am a relatively new linux user.would like to know how to undo a deleted file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restoring deleted files

I had a user run, by accident, the following line command on our UNIX server: rm -f /usr/* This apparently deleted some needed files on your system. Having very limited knowledge in UNIX, I thought I would ask the group if anyone knows how I can recover these file? The version of UNIX is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikem
3 Replies

3. Solaris

restore deleted folder

Hi, Can someone help me out as to how to recover a deleted folder? the user id which deleted the folder is known, the approx time is known. Its urgent, plz help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboxilica
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restore File To Its Location from where it was deleted

Hello, When I am deleleting some file that time I am moving that file to backup directory and when I say restore then its showing me the backupdirectory path and file with index..Ex..if i delete 3 files then restore will shoe me: :0:/backup/somedeletedfile :1:/backup/somedeletedfile10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deleted all files - rm *

Hi All, I am using Fedora Core and Windows Xp. I deleted all the files from root directory. When i am trying to restart the computer it showing some grub > prompt. What i will do ? I have lots of data in XP OS. Please help me i used # rm * (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

restore deleted file

I accidently deleted the files from linux machine. How to restore back the files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Emergency - restore a deleted zfs snapshot

Hi, I deleted a zfs snapshot because it was as big as the original zfs. After the snapshot was removed, all the data in the original zfs is gone. How this happened? Can I restore the snapshot? Please help. Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

8. Linux

Need help with deleted files

Hello. I am having a problem and I was wondering if I could get some help from here. I changed into a directory with the cd command and I wanted to delete a folder and all of its subdirectories, so I went ahead and did a rm --recursive * in my current directory to realize that I was in the wrong... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnydadesigner
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Can't restore my deleted etc from tape

Hi I recently deleted my /etc but I had a backup on tape. I was able to boot the server with a cd-rom and mounted the /c1t0d0s0 which is where the root directory resides. However when I tried to restore the backup with tar xvf /dev/rmt/0n I wasn't successful even though I was able to use the tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
2 Replies

10. AIX

Who deleted my files

Just looking for some guidance on how to figure out who might have deleted some files off one of my systems. These files are not root owned files so could be deleted by a handful of folks in the group responsible for these files besides the root users. Anyway I have been tasked with trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juredd1
1 Replies
TGT-ADMIN(8)						      TGT Configuration Tool						      TGT-ADMIN(8)

NAME
tgt-admin - Linux SCSI Target Configuration Tool. SYNOPSIS
tgt-admin -[OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
tgt-admin is a utility which allows a persistent configuration of targets and luns. It uses tgtadm commands to create, delete and show targets. OPTIONS
-e, --execute read /etc/tgt/targets.conf and execute tgtadm commands. if target already exists it will be deleted and a new instance will be created with the new parameters instead. -d, --delete delete all the targets -s, --show show all the targets -f, --force don't exit on tgtadm errors -p, --pretend only print tgtadm options -v, --verbose increase verbosity (no effect in "pretend" mode) -c, --conf <conf_file> specify an alternative configuration file instead of /etc/tgt/target.conf, which is the default. -h, --help display a list of available options and exits CONFIGURATION FILE SYNTAX
The defualt configuration file is: /etc/tgt/target.conf. It defines all the targets and their properties. The configuration file is in XML format and uses tags. Configuration file contains several target blocks, where each block contains tar- get's proerties such as storage devices, initator ACL and authorization information. You can include other config files using: include /etc/tgt/xen/*.conf. There are 2 types of storage devices: backing-store - defines a virtual device on the target. direct-store - defines a direct mapped device with the same properties as the physical device (such as VENDOR_ID , SERIAL_NUM, etc.) initiator-address - allows connections only from the specify IP address. defaults to ALL if no "initiator-address" is specified incominguser - define iscsi incoming authentication setting. if no "incominguser" is specified, it is not used. outgoinguser - define iscsi outgoing authentication setting. if no "outgoinguser" is specified, it is not used. example for a configuration file: <target iqn.2007-04.com.example:san.monitoring> backing-store /dev/san/monitoring # if no "incominguser" is specified, it is not used incominguser backup secretpass12 # defaults to ALL if no "initiator-address" is specified initiator-address 192.168.1.2 </target> <target iqn.2007-02.com.example:san.xen1> backing-store /dev/san/xen1-disk1 # LUN1 direct-store /dev/san/xen1-disk2 # LUN2 initiator-address 192.168.1.2 # Allowed IP initiator-address 192.168.5.6 # Allowed IP incominguser user1 secretpass12 incominguser user2 secretpass23 outgoinguser userA secretpassA </target> <target iqn.2007-02.com.example:san.xen2> backing-store /dev/san/xen2 </target> <target iqn.2007-06.com.example:san.vmware1> backing-store /dev/san/vmware1 </target> FILES
/etc/tgt/target.conf Configuration file for tgt-admin. SEE ALSO
tgtadm(8) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt-devel@lists.berlios.de> TGT Configuration Tool 2008-07-21 TGT-ADMIN(8)