Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting data and place them in different folders Post 302194974 by psiva_arul on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 05:17:37 AM
Old 05-14-2008
Reg: split the data file based on the file header...

Hi Vinay,

Try with this script and it may solve your problem

awk '$1=="AAA" print { $0 ;}' Number.dat > AAA.dat

awk '$1=="BBB" print { $0 ;}' Number.dat > BBB.dat

Let me know if you need more details

Regards,
Siva.P
Bangalore

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting data from who by IP

Hello. I have an RS/6000 running AIX 4 and I need to be able to see if there are any users that are logged on more than once from the same terminal so I can kick them off to make room for other terminals. 64 connections is the limit. Currently I am doing this: who | more and then manually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data from a to z

Hi, Let's say I have these 3 columns; NGC1234 6 9 SL899 4 1 NGC1075 8 3 SL709 5 2 And I want to sort the data according to the first column (from a to z) like having them as: NGC1075 8 3 NGC1234 6 9 SL709 5 2 SL899 4 1 Can that be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What is the best way to copy data from place to another place?

Dear Gurus, I need you to advice or suggestion about the best solution to copy data around 200-300G from serverA(location A) to serverB(location B). Normally, I will share folder and then copy but it takes too long time(about 2 days). Do you have any suggestion or which way should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data

Hello guys. I need help figuring this one out. It's probably really easy. Thanks in advance! I have a file say for example containing this: Rice Food Carrots Food Beans Food Plates Kitchen Fork Kitchen Knives Kitchen I need: Food Rice, Carrots, Beans Kitchen Plates, Fork,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visuelz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting files or folders

I have the small script to arrange files of a descending way. ls -l |sort -r -k4 i wanted for example if I place -d one arranges only the folders or -a to arranges only the files. Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krlos07
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting

Hi All, I have a long list made of 4 columns containing entries such as the following example: a b c d 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 2 2 5 3 4 3 8 4 6 4 10 9 8 5 15 8 10So the top row is the header and I need to arrange the data in a way as to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the Data

My actual data looks like below i have given only format. i can't give exact data format of my requirement due to some reasons. I this set of data lines about 5000 I need to come up with information in below exact format of my data set : Line<space>Number1<space>"somedata":... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search data from text file in different folders

I am fairly new to unix scripting, the problem is i can understand the unix script. but i fail to write. I do not know where to start and how to end. I am sure this forum will help to achive my dream scriptings in unix. Thanks in adv for your help. Here I need.. I have list of columns in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsnrhdy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge variable data from another file into specific place?

Hello, I'm trying to create multiple commands using a variable input from another file but am not getting any successful results. Basically, file1.txt contains multiple lines with single words: <file1.txt> yellow blue black white I want to create multiple echo commands with these... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying text file records, find data in one place in the record and print it elsewhere

Hello, I have some text data that is in the form of multi-line records. Each record ends with the string $$$$ and the next record starts on the next line. RDKit 2D 15 14 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0999 V2000 5.4596 2.1267 0.0000 C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)