Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lzma details ,pls help!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lzma details ,pls help!!! Post 302194929 by wrapster on Wednesday 14th of May 2008 03:15:06 AM
Old 05-14-2008
lzma details ,pls help!!!

Hi all,

I am working on a OS which is in the livecd fomat(its also installable)..
the issues is that its LZMA -7 compressed!!!
After a few unsuccessful attempts ,Is when i figured out that it was lzma compressed.....
Also am working on manipulating the ramdisk ..
But when i tried a putback (i obviously need to decompress first then compress it back)
I uncompressed the ramdisk ,
using gzcat then tried compressing back with gzip -c Smilie
(Its wrong i know!!)

After a few unsuccessful attempts ,Is when i figured out that it was lzma compressed.....

Anyway now i would like to know details of how i can compress and using LZMA?
I am working on solairs (b83)
So please specify the packages i need to install in order to run LZMA!!!

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does one get HW details?

I need to do a full system inventory & pull details for: CPU Mem HDD (Size, config, partitions) Is there a single command to get this, or separate for each? Thanks, Gareth. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethh
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to find the os and h/w details

Hi Need to know the version(suse/redhat) and processor info(x86/itanium/amd etc). I tried uname -a but cannot understand what is what... Linux myworkhost 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I dont have the root password, I can only ssh and have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
3 Replies

3. Solaris

PATH details

I am using Solaris 10 Please tell me which path values are necessary for PATH= MANPATH= LD_LIBRARY_PATH= (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

DNS details of HP-UX

1)how to get the DNS details, as i need to use these in shell script.. require info ASAP... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

details on oraenv

I am getting error message when i enter the command like bash-2.05$ . oraenv bash: oraenv: No such file or directory can you please advice me why it is throwing error. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuration details

hi can you please tell me how to get the configuration details from unix server. Rajesh. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lzma compression, pls help!!

Hi all, I am working on a OS which is in the livecd fomat(its also installable).. the issues is that its LZMA -7 compressed!!! After a few unsuccessful attempts ,Is when i figured out that it was lzma compressed..... Also am working on manipulating the ramdisk .. But when i tried a putback... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting Details of pf -ef

Hi All, I have a Linux server where many script run on daily basis through crontab. I could see some entries on my name but I am not able to get the details. >>ps -ef | grep an001 >>root 9905 1742 0 Apr17 ? 00:00:00 sshd: an001 >>an001 9907 9905 0 Apr17 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

10. AIX

Need to get process details

Hello, Below are the list of files ls -lrt total 16 lr-x------ 43 oracle dba 0 Dec 5 14:27 root -> / lr-x------ 2 oracle dba 0 Dec 16 00:14 cwd -> /prodoragridcn_01/app/oracle/product/11203/dbs/ -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Dec 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies
XZLESS(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZLESS(1)

NAME
xzless, lzless - view xz or lzma compressed (text) files SYNOPSIS
xzless [file...] lzless [file...] DESCRIPTION
xzless is a filter that displays text from compressed files to a terminal. It works on files compressed with xz(1) or lzma(1). If no files are given, xzless reads from standard input. xzless uses less(1) to present its output. Unlike xzmore, its choice of pager cannot be altered by setting an environment variable. Com- mands are based on both more(1) and vi(1) and allow back and forth movement and searching. See the less(1) manual for more information. The command named lzless is provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. ENVIRONMENT
LESSMETACHARS A list of characters special to the shell. Set by xzless unless it is already set in the environment. LESSOPEN Set to a command line to invoke the xz(1) decompressor for preprocessing the input files to less(1). SEE ALSO
less(1), xz(1), xzmore(1), zless(1) Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZLESS(1)