Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsync bash php
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsync bash php Post 302194524 by fabtagon on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 05:59:38 AM
Old 05-13-2008
home of the apache user:

i) find out as which user your apache processes are working. top or ps will be helpful

ii) find out that user's home directory. finger or a look into /etc/passwd will help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash rsync but move not delete

There might be an easy solution to my problem, or maybe not, but here it is. I am trying to rsync a Volume with 1.5 terabytes of data and send it via fibre channel to a raid array. Now normally when I rsync it scans through everything and, before copying anything, deletes any files that have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Movomito
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't executed bash from PHP..

dear list, i've just write a simple php script to add user to my iptables, but some times it works and it dosn't work,, here's my script for my adduser.php <?php exec('/var/www/html/backup.sh'); $hash = "# $_POST\n"; $ip = "-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -s $_POST -d 10.10.105.18 --dport 8080 -j... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridwanfi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to back up with rsync

I'm trying to write a script to back up with rsync, the script I am posting below: nomServer="shiva horus isis" dirshiva="/etc /faturamento" shivaListExc="/usr/local/bin/shivaListExclRsync" dumpDir="$dumpFile/Shiva" dateBkp=`date +%A` for nServer in ${nomServer} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajmoreti
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] rsync - error on destination

Hi everyone, and thanks to all for your assistance. I have a problem with the rsync command. I want to make a backup of a "source" directory in a "destination" directory. I want to specify: "absolute path of destination" (identified by a ~): ~/Destination or a "relative path of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaganoM
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script + php

Hello, I want to move some of my bash scripts to php ( add samba user, add new PC in dhcp and etc. ).With Google, I found some articles for bash and php, but there is only simple examples, nothing for variables. Example: #!/bin/bash status=`/usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd status` ############... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrowcp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync script to rewrite suffix - BASH, awk, sed, perl?

trying to write up a script to put the suffix back. heres what I have but can't get it to do anything :( would like it to be name.date.suffix rsync -zrlpoDtub --suffix=".`date +%Y%m%d%k%M%S`.~" --bwlimit=1024 /mymounts/test1/ /mymounts/test2/ while IFS=. read -r -u 9 -d '' name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmituzas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync in bash script doesn't work even after placing pub key in target server

Hello Friends, My bash script is like this #!/bin/bash # request Bourne shell as shell for job #$ -S /bin/bash # assume current working directory as paths #$ -cwd #$ -N rsync-copy # # print date and time date rsync -rltD --progress "ssh -i /home/myname/.ssh/id_rsa"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Notifications on Cron Bash Error Only cp mv rsync

Wondering if anyone can point me to an example of how to setup a bash script that executes cp mv and rsync commands and only sends an email if there were errors with any of those commands and what the errors are. In addition it should email if the cron event to execute the script fails, or in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: consultant
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal running bash/rsync script does not close with exit (MacOS High SIerra)

Hello, I am running a bash script to do an rsync back on a computer running MacOS High Sierra. This is the script I am using, #!/bin/bash # main backup location, trailing slash included backup_loc="/Volumes/Archive_Volume/00_macos_backup/" # generic backup function function backup {... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)