Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing pattern which is spread in multiple lines Post 302194517 by sabyasm on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 05:19:45 AM
Old 05-13-2008
MySQL

Worked absolutely fine. Thanks a ton!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I spread commands over multiple lines?

Below an example of what I mean. The first attempt does what I want; the second doesn't, because bash assumes a line break means the end of an individual "command unix". Is there some way that I can convince bash to parse out, eg, to the closing parenthesis? I'm thinking this would allow for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing lines around a matched pattern

I have an ugly conf file that has the string I'm interested in searching for in the middle of a block of code that's relevant, and I'm trying to find a way to remove that entire block based on the matched line. I've googled for this problem, and most people helping are only interested in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamale
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines but not the next attribute

I'm hitting a brick wall, I have huge ldif files that I'm trying to sanitize and can do it all with SED except one thing. I have a publicKey attribute in binary that can be one line or multiple lines. I'm trying to remove publicKey: and stop at sn (the next attribute). Even with word Wrap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LCol
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all lines prior to the last pattern in a file/stream

Hi all, I didn't find anything that specifically answers this after searching for a bit, so please forgive me if this has been covered before. I'm looking to delete all lines prior to the last occurrence of a string in a file or stream from within a shell script (bash.) A bit of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[AWK] handeling data spread on multiple lines

Hello all, first off great forum. Now for my little problem. Using RHEL 5.4 and awk. Been doing code since a few month. So just starting. My problem is handeling data on multiple lines. { if ($1 != LASTKEY && h ~ /.*\/s_fr_/) { checkgecos( h, h ) h="" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove newline character from column spread over multiple lines in a file

Hi, I came across one issue recently where output from one of the columns of the table from where i am creating input file has newline characters hence, record in the file is spread over multiple lines. Fields in the file are separated by pipe (|) delimiter. As header will never have newline... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
4 Replies
mouse_waitforupdate(3)						Svgalib User Manual					    mouse_waitforupdate(3)

NAME
mouse_waitforupdate - wait for an mouse update SYNOPSIS
#include <vgamouse.h> void mouse_waitforupdate(void); DESCRIPTION
This reads in mouse events from the mouse buffer and updates the internal svgalib variables which store the current mouse position and but- ton states. If there are no events the function does not return until one occurs. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), eventtest(6), mouse_close(3), mouse_init(3), mouse_getposition_6d(3), mouse_setposition(3), mouse_setscale(3), mouse_setwrap(3), mouse_setxrange(3), mouse_getx(3), mouse_waitforupdate(3), vga_setmousesupport(3), mouse_seteven- thandler(3), vga_waitevent(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 mouse_waitforupdate(3)