Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL Lite query
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SQL Lite query Post 302194487 by cbkihong on Tuesday 13th of May 2008 03:05:07 AM
Old 05-13-2008
I believe this FAQ from sqlite answers your question, if I understand correctly that you are trying to use the SQLite database engine.

SQLite Frequently Asked Questions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

& in SQL query

I have a script that looks for all jobs that contain a particular calendar. Some of the calendars have '&' in them and sql freaks out when it encounters that.. is there a way around this? I have tried: select job_name from job where run_calendar='1&15dom' select job_name from job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh and sql query

Hi ... I am doing a switch user and then rsh and then running a sql query . I am successfull in rsh and logging into the database , but my query doesnt run .. Here's the command : su - linus -c "rsh -l linus psmf ORACLE_SID=SMP;export ORACLE_SID;sqlplus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sars
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pro*c program for sql query

Hi all, I have sql query as follows. Please write a pro*c program for the following query. select sp1.cost_change ||','|| sp1.cost_change_desc ||','|| sp1.reason ||','|| to_char(sp1.active_date,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') ||','|| sp1.status ||','|| sp1.cost_change_origin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: user71408
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query problem

Hi, I am passing an argument for the script and that argument values should exist in database. bill_period_input="'""$1""'" bill_period=`sqlplus uname/pwd@dbname <<eof! set verify off set heading off set feedback off select bill_period from bill_period_ref where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create sql query

Hi Everyone, Can anyone pls help me out......with my requirement, i am struggling since 3 days. Please find the requirement below my file contains below data R1|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_CLASS|V_MOUNT_FEATURE|SURFACE MOUNT|AND|8533.10.00.20|8533.10.00.20| R1|Array/Network Resistor... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in SQL query

I used the following code code select * from tablename where columnname Instead of printing the expected output it prints all the files in the present directory since there is a "*" in the code. Is there any way to overcome the problem? Thanks Ananth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

9. Programming

Getting error in sql query

Hi All , I have tried many times am getting syntax error on 'UNION' can anybody tell me ... INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2 where num_items = 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

10. Programming

Help writing SQL query

Hello All, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have zero sql query writing skill, in fact, I've never done it before, but for some reason, a request came across my desk to get information from one of our databases. I have about 200 ticket numbers that have no information attached,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies
DateTime::Format::SQLite(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DateTime::Format::SQLite(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::SQLite - Parse and format SQLite dates and times SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::SQLite; my $dt = DateTime::Format::SQLite->parse_datetime( '2003-01-16 23:12:01' ); # 2003-01-16 23:12:01 DateTime::Format::SQLite->format_datetime($dt); DESCRIPTION
This module understands the formats used by SQLite for its "date", "datetime" and "time" functions. It can be used to parse these formats in order to create DateTime objects, and it can take a DateTime object and produce a timestring accepted by SQLite. NOTE: SQLite does not have real date/time types but stores everything as strings. This module deals with the date/time strings as understood/returned by SQLite's "date", "time", "datetime", "julianday" and "strftime" SQL functions. You will usually want to store your dates in one of these formats. METHODS
This class offers the methods listed below. All of the parsing methods set the returned DateTime object's time zone to the UTC zone because SQLite does always uses UTC for date calculations. This means your dates may seem to be one day off if you convert them to local time. o parse_datetime($string) Given a $string representing a date, this method will return a new "DateTime" object. The $string may be in any of the formats understood by SQLite's "date", "time", "datetime", "julianday" and "strftime" SQL functions or it may be in the format returned by these functions (except "strftime", of course). The time zone for this object will always be in UTC because SQLite assumes UTC for all date calculations. If $string contains no date, the parser assumes 2000-01-01 (just like SQLite). If given an improperly formatted string, this method may die. o parse_date($string) o parse_time($string) o parse_julianday($string) These are aliases for "parse_datetime", for symmetry with "format_*" functions. o format_date($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format YYYY-MM-DD, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "date" function uses. o format_time($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format HH:MM:SS, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "time" function uses. o format_datetime($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "datetime" function uses. o format_julianday($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returnes a string in the format DDDDDDDDDD, i.e. in the same format SQLite's "julianday" function uses. AUTHOR
Claus Faerber <CFAERBER@cpan.org> based on "DateTime::Format::MySQL" by David Rolsky. Copyright X 2008 Claus Faerber. Copyright X 2003 David Rolsky. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
http://datetime.perl.org/ http://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html perl v5.10.1 2009-12-10 DateTime::Format::SQLite(3pm)