Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error connecting oracle from inside while loop Post 302194132 by Devesh5683 on Monday 12th of May 2008 09:32:11 AM
Old 05-12-2008
Error connecting oracle from inside while loop

Hi,

I m trying to connect oracle database from inside while loop.
I m trying to put the output of sql query in a flat file.
Anyone please help me out.

cat $FILE_NAME | \
while read da_name
do

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s user_name/password@instance << EOF >> $OUTPUT_FILE

select global_name from global_name;

EOF
done

Getting output as output.

thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to a Oracle Db using SunOS

Hi Guys, how do I connect to a Oracle Database from my machines running on Solaris 5 and 9. Do I need a Oracle client installed or is there any other way to connect to the Oracle Db without using the oracle client? Any inputs will be highly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darmat0712
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle Database

if; sql="select username from dba_users where username = '$FromUser';" check_FromUser=`ExecSql "$sql"` I want to connect to Oracle database & check the users in the database, store the value in check_FromUser. First how to connect to Oracle database from the shell script ? Appreciate your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting CA::Autosys to oracle DB

Hi :), I have installed CA Autosys in my Unix system. It contains 3 ( .pm ) files namely AutoSys.pm, Job.pm, Status.pm ....... in a directory CA. Am trying to work with autosys for first time. Please guide in how do i connect autosys to oracle DB in my system. My oracle db name is XE.. Thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me Connecting CA::Autosys to oracle DB

Hi :), Am new to work with Autosys. I have Oracle installed in my computer. Please guide me how to configure and connect autosys with oracle database. thank you..!:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to ORACLE through SHELL

Hi, I am trying to connect to oracle database (9.2.0.7.0) through Sun solaris. But I am unable to do so. The content of my script is as follows: Shell Sript: RESULT=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus schema/'pwd'@db << EOF set echo on; set feedback on; @/home/count/qry.sql` echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database

Hai i want to connect to oracle database from user input and create a view. ${ECHO} "Debut Creating View" ${ECHO} "Please Enter the User Name:" read user_name ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Connection String:" read con_string ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Password:" read pwd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while connecting to Oracle with Script

Experts, I am using the following Linux version: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 19 18:32:14 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux and creating a ksh script with below code in it. clear sqlplus RIB/RIB321@RIB_LOCAL #whenever sqlerror exit failure #set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If inside while loop script error

#!/bin/bash var1=0 x=1 while do echo "Welcome $x times" var1=$(prstat -Lc 1 1 | nawk ' /^Total/ {print substr($8,1,length($8)-1)}') echo "$var1" if then break fi sleep 6 x=$(( $x + 1 )) done giving output: bash-3.00$ ./ch1.sh Welcome 1 times 5.90 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Connecting to Oracle database

Hi guys, long time no typing :D I have problems when I try to connect to Oracle database from SQL Developer which is located on my Windows box. Server is running Solaris 11/11 and Oracle 11 enterprise. I can log in locally with sys account to database, start it up and shut it down but when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies
DBICADMIN(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBICADMIN(1)

NAME
dbicadmin - utility for administrating DBIx::Class schemata SYNOPSIS
dbicadmin: [-I] [long options...] deploy a schema to a database dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --deploy update an existing record dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --class=Employee --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --op=update --set='{ "name": "New_Employee" }' OPTIONS
Actions --create Create version diffs needs preversion --upgrade Upgrade the database to the current schema --install Install the schema version tables to an existing database --deploy Deploy the schema to the database --select Select data from the schema --insert Insert data into the schema --update Update data in the schema --delete Delete data from the schema --op compatibility option all of the above can be supplied as --op=<action> --help display this help Arguments --config-file or --config Supply the config file for parsing by Config::Any --connect-info Supply the connect info as trailing options e.g. --connect-info dsn=<dsn> user=<user> password=<pass> --connect Supply the connect info as a JSON-encoded structure, e.g. an --connect=["dsn","user","pass"] --schema-class The class of the schema to load --config-stanza Where in the config to find the connection_info, supply in form MyApp::Model::DB --resultset or --resultset-class or --class The resultset to operate on for data manipulation --sql-dir The directory where sql diffs will be created --sql-type The RDBMs flavour you wish to use --version Supply a version install --preversion The previous version to diff against --set JSON data used to perform data operations --attrs JSON string to be used for the second argument for search --where JSON string to be used for the where clause of search --force Be forceful with some operations --trace Turn on DBIx::Class trace output --quiet Be less verbose -I Same as perl's -I, prepended to current @INC AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself perl v5.18.2 2014-01-30 DBICADMIN(1)