Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function to find day of any given date. Post 302193990 by RRVARMA on Monday 12th of May 2008 03:11:26 AM
Old 05-12-2008
Thanks but..

Hi Annihilannic,

Thanks very much.. but i can't understand anything of the script u hav given.. Smilie Actually i dont knw anything of Perl.. Smilie

Can anybody help me in finding a solution for my above question.. Please..

Once again.. Thanks Annihilannic.. Its my drawback tat i dont knw Perl.. and i want to do it only after i understand.. Please don't feel bad for not accepting ur script.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

To find day out of date in HP-unix

Dear Frends, Could you please help me with the command or option by which I can find day where the input is date(can be of future or past). I do have for linux, However it is not working @ hp unix. Please help. Regards Rahul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul chitriv
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to get day of week from YYYY-MM-DD date

Can't find out how to get the day of the week from a given date, anyone got a code snippet that could help please? Ta!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: couponmeup
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files for next day of the date entered

i have few files generated everyday with a date stamp. Sometimes it happens that if the files are generated late i.e after 00:00 hrs the date stamp will be of the next day. example: 110123_file1 110123_file2 110123_file3 110124_file4 in the above example file4 is also for the previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the date of previous day in shell script?

Hi Experts, i am using the below code get the date of previous day. #!/usr/bin/ksh datestamp=`date '+%Y%m%d'` yest=$((datestamp -1)) echo $yest When i execute the code i am getting output as: 20130715 What i am trying here is, based on the date passed i am fetching previus day's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
Padre::Perl(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Padre::Perl(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Perl - A more nuanced "Where is Perl" module than Probe::Perl DESCRIPTION
Even though it has only had a single release, Probe::Perl is the "best practice" method for finding the current Perl interpreter, so that we can make a system call to a new instance of the same Perl environment. However, during the development of Padre we have found the feature set of Probe::Perl to be insufficient. "Padre::Perl" is an experimental attempt to improve on Probe::Perl and support a wider range of situations. The implementation is being contained to the Padre project until we have competently "solved" all of the problems that we care about. GUI vs Command Line On some operating systems, different Perl binaries need to be called based on whether the process will be executing in a graphical environment versus a command line environment. On Microsoft Windows perl.exe is the command line Perl binary and wperl.exe is the windowing Perl binary. On Mac OS X (Darwin) perl.exe is the command line Perl binary and wxPerl.exe is a wxWidgets-specific Perl binary. PAR Support PAR executables do not typically support re-invocation, and implementations that do are only a recent invention, and do not support the normal Perl flags. Once implemented, we may try to implement support for them here as well. FUNCTIONS
"perl" The "perl" function is equivalent to (and passes through to) the "find_perl_interpreter" method of Probe::Perl. It should be used when you simply need the "current" Perl executable and don't have any special needs. The other functions should only be used once you understand your needs in more detail. Returns the location of current perl executable, or "undef" if it cannot be found. "cperl" The "cperl" function is a Perl executable location function that specifically tries to find a command line Perl. In some situations you may critically need a command line Perl so that proper "STDIN", "STDOUT" and "STDERR" handles are available. Returns a path to a command line Perl, or "undef" if one cannot be found. "wxperl" The "wxperl" function is a Perl executable location function that specifically tries to find a windowing Perl for running wxWidgets applications. In some situations you may critically need a wxWidgets Perl so that a command line box is not show (Windows) or so that Wx starts up properly at all (Mac OS X). Returns a path to a Perl suitable for the execution of Wx-based applications, or "undef" if one cannot be found. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2012 The Padre development team as listed in Padre.pm. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Padre::Perl(3pm)