Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ubuntu to pure debian
Operating Systems Linux SuSE ubuntu to pure debian Post 302193921 by Texasone on Sunday 11th of May 2008 07:47:15 PM
Old 05-11-2008
thx for the tip era
it gave me the genius idea to go to google and get driver help. i got the page (Linuxant - DriverLoader for Wireless LAN devices - Introduction) and everyone says that it works. the only problem is that i think it is a free trial software so i dont know how long it would work on my comp. now my question would be, what book would give me the information to get the driver lists in knoppix/ubuntu and how to make them work (the line of code i mean). i have alot of linux books on pdf and i could get another if i had to.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory-waste in Ubuntu/Debian?

I have 512 mem on this laptop, though 'top' tells me I only have 380. However, Ubuntu is using 288 mb of memory, when I only have 3 terminals, running lynx, vim(for this file) and (of course) top. Considering it I have lynx running a 600 page txt file, which of course would eat some memory but 300?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Debian (ubuntu) file problem after ftp

Hi, I am using Debian (ubuntu). whenever I ftp file from Windows to Debian, the file is being shown as DOS while editing in vi. The control characters are not visible and I couldn't remove the '^M' character. So please help me how to make it Linux specific file to use it for Linux specific tasks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Video capture and editing on Solaris vs Debian vs Ubuntu

I am interested in doing some heavy video work. I have a ADVC 110 Video capture device, which I am using to capture VHS video tapes, which I will convert on the server to DVD format and burn to DVD's using DVD production software. I will also take the captured video file and split it up in parts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
1 Replies

4. Linux

What is the lightest distro for using Debian/Ubuntu softwares

Which distro uses lowest system resource (when installed on hard_disk/usb.) where I can install software from Debian OR Ubuntu repository? I found Quelitu which is based on Lubuntu, but uses less memory as given on their site. There are lighter distros but most of them are based on Slackware. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iripu
0 Replies
gnutls_url_is_supported(3)					      gnutls						gnutls_url_is_supported(3)

NAME
gnutls_url_is_supported - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/gnutls.h> int gnutls_url_is_supported(const char* url); ARGUMENTS
const char* url A PKCS 11 url DESCRIPTION
Check whether url is supported. Depending on the system libraries GnuTLS may support pkcs11 or tpmkey URLs. RETURNS
return non-zero if the given URL is supported, and zero if it is not known. SINCE
3.1.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_url_is_supported(3)