Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ubuntu to pure debian
Operating Systems Linux SuSE ubuntu to pure debian Post 302193857 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 11th of May 2008 12:45:14 PM
Old 05-11-2008
isn't it possible to switch to a "wired" network? you might get away from a lot of problems... one ist security... and the other is problems with drivers...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory-waste in Ubuntu/Debian?

I have 512 mem on this laptop, though 'top' tells me I only have 380. However, Ubuntu is using 288 mb of memory, when I only have 3 terminals, running lynx, vim(for this file) and (of course) top. Considering it I have lynx running a 600 page txt file, which of course would eat some memory but 300?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Debian (ubuntu) file problem after ftp

Hi, I am using Debian (ubuntu). whenever I ftp file from Windows to Debian, the file is being shown as DOS while editing in vi. The control characters are not visible and I couldn't remove the '^M' character. So please help me how to make it Linux specific file to use it for Linux specific tasks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Video capture and editing on Solaris vs Debian vs Ubuntu

I am interested in doing some heavy video work. I have a ADVC 110 Video capture device, which I am using to capture VHS video tapes, which I will convert on the server to DVD format and burn to DVD's using DVD production software. I will also take the captured video file and split it up in parts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
1 Replies

4. Linux

What is the lightest distro for using Debian/Ubuntu softwares

Which distro uses lowest system resource (when installed on hard_disk/usb.) where I can install software from Debian OR Ubuntu repository? I found Quelitu which is based on Lubuntu, but uses less memory as given on their site. There are lighter distros but most of them are based on Slackware. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iripu
0 Replies
import-bug-from-debian(1)				      General Commands Manual					 import-bug-from-debian(1)

NAME
import-bug-from-debian - Import bugs from Debian's BTS, and file them against Ubuntu in LP. SYNOPSIS
import-bug-from-debian [options] bug... import-bug-from-debian -h DESCRIPTION
import-bug-from-debian clones bugs from Debian's BTS into Launchpad. Each bug listed on the command line has its initial report re-filed against the same source package in Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bug is linked back to its Debian counterpart. Each bug may be provided either as a bug number or URL. OPTIONS
-b, --browserless Don't open the bug in a browser at the end. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE Launchpad package to file bug against, if not the same source package name as Debian. Useful for importing removal bugs filed against ftp.debian.org. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. IMPORT_BUG_FROM_DEBIAN_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. SEE ALSO
ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
import-bug-from-debian was written by James Westby <james.westby@ubuntu.com>, and this manual page was written by Stefano Rivera <ste- fanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools September 21 2010 import-bug-from-debian(1)