Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers command for selecting specific lines from a script Post 302193852 by gardasgangadhar on Sunday 11th of May 2008 11:36:24 AM
Old 05-11-2008
command for selecting specific lines from a script

I need help on following script:

I need to print the lines which are in bold letters in separate file as

record

string("|") emp_name;

string("|") emp_id;

decimal("|") emp_salary;

string("|") emp_status;

string("\n") emp_proj;

end

Above lines are related to file ${_AB_PROXY_DIR}"'/rf_emp_status_emp_proj-3.dml which is present in 19 th line in below script.

The issue is i need to print only specific lines which are in bold letters in separate file. In below script you will find one field record which will be repeating more times . I need to select all that that lines fromrecord field to end of file ${_AB_PROXY_DIR}"'/rf_emp_status_emp_proj-3.dml.

Please can you help on sending that bold letter fields into separate file.
I am highliting all that lines in below script wich i want in seperate file, in red color

print -r -- 'record

string("|") emp_name;

string("|") emp_id;

decimal("\n") emp_salary;

end' > "${_AB_PROXY_DIR}"'/in_emp_data-1.dml'

print -r -- '/*Reformat operation*/

out::reformat(in) =

begin

out.*:: in.*;

out.emp_status :: if(next_in_sequence()<3) "A" else "D";

out.emp_proj :: "ABC";

end;' > "${_AB_PROXY_DIR}"'/rf_emp_status_emp_proj-2.xfr'

print -r -- 'record

string("|") emp_name;

string("|") emp_id;

decimal("|") emp_salary;

string("|") emp_status;

string("\n") emp_proj;

end
;' > "${_AB_PROXY_DIR}"'/rf_emp_status_emp_proj-3.dml'

print -r -- '/*Reformat operation*/

out::reformat(in) =

begin

out.*:: in.*;

out.emp_loc :: "USA";

end;' > "${_AB_PROXY_DIR}"'/rf_emp_location-4.xfr'

print -r -- 'record

string("|") emp_name;

string("|") emp_id;

string("|") emp_salary;

string("|") emp_status;

string("|") emp_proj;

string("\n") emp_loc;

end;' > "${_AB_PROXY_DIR}"'/rf_emp_location-5.dml'

Thanks,
gangadhar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: selecting unique specific content of a file using shell script

Hi, I have a file whose content and format at places is as given below. print coloumn .... coloumn .... coloumn .... skip 1 line print coloumn ... skip 1 line I need to select the following : print coloumn .... coloumn .... coloumn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selecting specific lines in a large file

Hello, I need to select the 3 lines above as well as below a search string, including the search string. I have been trying various combinations using sed command without any success. Can anuone help please. Thanking (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

3. Programming

selecting rows with specific IDs for downstream analysis

Hi, I'm working hard on SQL and I came across a hurdle I'm hoping you can help me out with. I have two tables table1 headers: chrom start end name score strand 11 9720685 9720721 U0 0 + 21 9721043 9721079 U0 0 - 1 9721093 9721129 U0 0 + 20 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: labrazil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows with a specific criteria

Hi, I want a UNIX command that can filter out rows with certain criteria. The file is tab deliminated. Row one is just a value. Basically what I want to do is select based on the name and character at the end (o). So lets lets say i want a row that has WashU and (o) then it would print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting specific line using awk

Hi, I would like to get the specific line from the file taking specific coloumn as reference. Thanks and Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkarthik_kaja
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting specific 'id's from lines and columns using 'SED' or 'AWK'

Hello experts, I am new to this group and to 'SED' and 'AWK'. I have data (text file) with 5 columns (C_1-5) and 100s of lines (only 10 lines are shown below as an example). I have to find or select only the id numbers (C-1) of specific lines with '90' in the same line (of C_3) AND with '20' in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamskamu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting specific fields in a file (maybe with sed?)

Hi, I have a file with following lines: chr1 10 AC=2;AF=1.00;AN=2;DP=2;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=0.00;MQ=23.00;MQ0=0;QD=14.33;SB=-10.01 chrX 18 AB=0.52;AC=1;AF=0.50;AN=2;DP=203;DS;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=20.01;MQ=15.63;MQ0=85;QD=12.80;SB=-1289.58 I need to extract 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: menenuh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting and deleting specific lines with condition

I have a set of data as below: The first field, $1 represent "|". The $3 (3rd field) and $6 (6th field) in my data file represent "number-molecule" which has arrangement as below: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjramana
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Selecting specific variable in log file

Hi there I am trying to look for a specific word in the log file and I am aware this can be done by grep for example. As there will be multiple entries for this I want to grep the last one to enter the log... how would I go about this - would I have to use tail? Thanks in advance Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)