Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to reduce swapped column in "vmstat" Post 302193831 by jlliagre on Sunday 11th of May 2008 09:00:34 AM
Old 05-11-2008
The high w numbers aren't the cause but the consequence of a previous strong RAM shortage. These are processes completely swapped out. No big deal as they aren't doing anything anyway.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc, negative values and "total" (whit swapped -)

Hi All, I need to sum numbers, in bash, input is this: 10.00 12.33 14.99 134.00 1211.09 130.01- <--- it is negative, but "-" is at the end.. 901.99 10.34- <--- another negative number... bc -l is giving me error so only solution to my problem would be to swap - to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: columb
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.3 - Discrepancies between "top" and "vmstat"

Can someone explain the differences I'm seeing below in TOP and VMSTAT commands on my AIX 5.3 server? Thanks! CPUs: 4; load averages: 0.86, 0.97, 0.97 18:09:26 926 processes: 4 stopped, 922 running CPU states: 78.4% idle, 8.5% user, 12.6% kernel, 0.3% wait Memory: 23680M Total.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: troym72
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting comma "," for dot "." in a specific column when comma"," is a delimiter

Hi, I'm dealing with an issue and losing a lot of hours figuring out how i would solve this. I have an input file which looks like this: ('BLABLA +200-GRS','Serviço ','TarifaçãoServiço','wap.bla.us.0000000121',2985,0,55,' de conversão em escada','Dia','Domingos') ('BLABLA +200-GRR','Serviço... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poliver
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing "." with "GG" in a certain column of a file that has heading

Hi, all, I have a file that looks like: ## XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ## YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY #AA AB AC AD AE AF AG AH AI AJ AK AL 20 60039 60039 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Math::BigRat(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 Math::BigRat(3pm)

NAME
Math::BigRat - arbitrarily big rationales SYNOPSIS
use Math::BigRat; $x = Math::BigRat->new('3/7'); $x += '5/9'; print $x->bstr()," "; print $x ** 2," "; DESCRIPTION
Math::BigRat complements Math::BigInt and Math::BigFloat by providing support for arbitrarily big rationales. MATH LIBRARY Math with the numbers is done (by default) by a module called Math::BigInt::Calc. This is equivalent to saying: use Math::BigRat lib => 'Calc'; You can change this by using: use Math::BigRat lib => 'BitVect'; The following would first try to find Math::BigInt::Foo, then Math::BigInt::Bar, and when this also fails, revert to Math::BigInt::Calc: use Math::BigRat lib => 'Foo,Math::BigInt::Bar'; Calc.pm uses as internal format an array of elements of some decimal base (usually 1e7, but this might be different for some systems) with the least significant digit first, while BitVect.pm uses a bit vector of base 2, most significant bit first. Other modules might use even different means of representing the numbers. See the respective module documentation for further details. Currently the following replacement libraries exist, search for them at CPAN: Math::BigInt::BitVect Math::BigInt::GMP Math::BigInt::Pari Math::BigInt::FastCalc METHODS
Any methods not listed here are dervied from Math::BigFloat (or Math::BigInt), so make sure you check these two modules for further infor- mation. new() $x = Math::BigRat->new('1/3'); Create a new Math::BigRat object. Input can come in various forms: $x = Math::BigRat->new(123); # scalars $x = Math::BigRat->new('123.3'); # float $x = Math::BigRat->new('1/3'); # simple string $x = Math::BigRat->new('1 / 3'); # spaced $x = Math::BigRat->new('1 / 0.1'); # w/ floats $x = Math::BigRat->new(Math::BigInt->new(3)); # BigInt $x = Math::BigRat->new(Math::BigFloat->new('3.1')); # BigFloat $x = Math::BigRat->new(Math::BigInt::Lite->new('2')); # BigLite numerator() $n = $x->numerator(); Returns a copy of the numerator (the part above the line) as signed BigInt. denominator() $d = $x->denominator(); Returns a copy of the denominator (the part under the line) as positive BigInt. parts() ($n,$d) = $x->parts(); Return a list consisting of (signed) numerator and (unsigned) denominator as BigInts. as_number() $x = Math::BigRat->new('13/7'); print $x->as_number()," "; # '1' Returns a copy of the object as BigInt by truncating it to integer. bfac() $x->bfac(); Calculates the factorial of $x. For instance: print Math::BigRat->new('3/1')->bfac()," "; # 1*2*3 print Math::BigRat->new('5/1')->bfac()," "; # 1*2*3*4*5 Works currently only for integers. blog() Is not yet implemented. bround()/round()/bfround() Are not yet implemented. is_one() print "$x is 1 " if $x->is_one(); Return true if $x is exactly one, otherwise false. is_zero() print "$x is 0 " if $x->is_zero(); Return true if $x is exactly zero, otherwise false. is_positive() print "$x is >= 0 " if $x->is_positive(); Return true if $x is positive (greater than or equal to zero), otherwise false. Please note that '+inf' is also positive, while 'NaN' and '-inf' aren't. is_negative() print "$x is < 0 " if $x->is_negative(); Return true if $x is negative (smaller than zero), otherwise false. Please note that '-inf' is also negative, while 'NaN' and '+inf' aren't. is_int() print "$x is an integer " if $x->is_int(); Return true if $x has a denominator of 1 (e.g. no fraction parts), otherwise false. Please note that '-inf', 'inf' and 'NaN' aren't inte- ger. is_odd() print "$x is odd " if $x->is_odd(); Return true if $x is odd, otherwise false. is_even() print "$x is even " if $x->is_even(); Return true if $x is even, otherwise false. bceil() $x->bceil(); Set $x to the next bigger integer value (e.g. truncate the number to integer and then increment it by one). bfloor() $x->bfloor(); Truncate $x to an integer value. BUGS
Some things are not yet implemented, or only implemented half-way: inf handling (partial) NaN handling (partial) rounding (not implemented except for bceil/bfloor) $x ** $y where $y is not an integer LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Math::BigFloat and Math::Big as well as Math::BigInt::BitVect, Math::BigInt::Pari and Math::BigInt::GMP. See <http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=bignum> for a way to use Math::BigRat. The package at <http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Math%3A%3ABigRat> may contain more documentation and examples as well as testcases. AUTHORS
(C) by Tels <http://bloodgate.com/> 2001-2002. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Math::BigRat(3pm)