Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: substr not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting substr not working Post 302193765 by danmero on Sunday 11th of May 2008 01:12:09 AM
Old 05-11-2008
Code:
$line="123356572867116w1671716"
cut_line=`awk -v v=${#line} 'BEGIN{print substr(ARGV[1],1,v)}' "$line"`

Last edited by danmero; 05-11-2008 at 02:37 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk substr?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I searched but not sure what I really want to do. I have a file with records that show who has logged into my application: 2003-03-14:I:root: Log_mesg: registered servername:userid. (more after this) I want to pull out the userid, date and time into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substr of variable

Dear All, I am new to Unix and need your help. I am trying to write b-shell script which will return substr of some variable like this d="asdfg" return Substr(d,1,5). Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giviut
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using substr

What is the more efficient way to do this (awk only and default FS) ? $ echo "jefe@alm"|awk '{pos = index($0, "@");printf ("USER: %s\n",substr ($0,1,pos-1))}' USER: jefe Thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substr

Hi, My input file is 41;2;xxxx;yyyyy.... 41;2;xxxx;yyyyy.... 41;2;xxxx;yyyyy.... .. .. I need to change the second field value from 2 to 1. i.e., 41;1;xxxx;yyyyy.... 41;1;xxxx;yyyyy.... 41;1;xxxx;yyyyy.... .. .. Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get substr?

Hi, I have a long string like, aabab|bcbcbcbbc|defgh|paswd123 dedededede|efef|ghijklmn|paswd234 ghghghghgh|ijijii|klllkkk|paswd345 lmlmlmmm|nononononn|opopopopp|paswd456 This string is devided into one space between substrings. This substrings are, aabab|bcbcbcbbc|defgh|paswd123... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substr of a file

.wysiwyg { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 5px 10px 10px; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davyp74
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substr

can anybody explain this code? thanks in advance..:) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janani_kalyan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk substr

Hello life savers!! Is there any way to use substr in awk command for returning one part of a string from declared start and stop point? I mean I know we have this: substr(string, start, length) Do we have anything like possible to use in awk ? : substr(string, start, stop) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use if/else if with substr?

I have a command like this: listdb ID923 -l |gawk '{if (substr($0,37,1)==1 && NR == 3)print "YES" else if (substr ($0,37,1)==0 && NR == 3) print "NO"}' This syntax doesn't work. But I was able to get this to work: listdb ID923 -l |gawk '{if (substr($0,37,1)==1 && NR == 3)print "YES"}' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substr

awk '/^>/{id=$0;next}length>=7 { print id, "\n"$0}' Test.txt Can I use substr to achieve the same task? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies
USB_INTERRUPT_MSG(9)						   USB Core APIs					      USB_INTERRUPT_MSG(9)

NAME
usb_interrupt_msg - Builds an interrupt urb, sends it off and waits for completion SYNOPSIS
int usb_interrupt_msg(struct usb_device * usb_dev, unsigned int pipe, void * data, int len, int * actual_length, int timeout); ARGUMENTS
usb_dev pointer to the usb device to send the message to pipe endpoint "pipe" to send the message to data pointer to the data to send len length in bytes of the data to send actual_length pointer to a location to put the actual length transferred in bytes timeout time in msecs to wait for the message to complete before timing out (if 0 the wait is forever) CONTEXT
!in_interrupt () DESCRIPTION
This function sends a simple interrupt message to a specified endpoint and waits for the message to complete, or timeout. Don't use this function from within an interrupt context, like a bottom half handler. If you need an asynchronous message, or need to send a message from within interrupt context, use usb_submit_urb If a thread in your driver uses this call, make sure your disconnect method can wait for it to complete. Since you don't have a handle on the URB used, you can't cancel the request. RETURN
If successful, 0. Otherwise a negative error number. The number of actual bytes transferred will be stored in the actual_length paramater. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 USB_INTERRUPT_MSG(9)