Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parsing special characters between C and XML.. Post 302193626 by ronix007 on Saturday 10th of May 2008 06:00:09 AM
Old 05-10-2008
Parsing special characters between C and XML..

Hi,

I am getting problem in parsing special characters(Like &, > or <) in XML. I need to encode my C program and send in report format to another interface which is in XML format.
I do not know how to encode these special characters in C program before sending to XML format. Please help !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed special parsing

What is the shortest & right way to remove the string "" with a sed statement ? echo 'whateverwhatever' | sed ........ ? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

5. AIX

special characters in front of xml declaration

Hi I read xml files through mq and placed them on unix by using datastage as tool. I can see some special characters infront of declaration part for every xml file i have produced. below is the sample snippet when i opened the file by suing vi editor ^Z^E|^A^Z^Z<?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out special characters from xml file

Hi....I have a xml file which is having lots of special characters which I need to find out and put the distinct list of those into a text file. The list of special characters is not specific, it can be anything at different point of time. Can anyone help me to find out the same and list out? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishanu Saha
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing special characters from variable commands

Hi, I am fairly new to unix scripting and recently tasked with some reporting scripts. The reporting checks several batch jobs and this is quite iterative. Now I am trying to minimize script effort and maximize reusability as there are only slight nuances in the repetitive tasks. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeniks
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file containing special characters

I want to parse a file containing special characters, below is a sample content of file content of file : Serial_no:1$$@#first_name:Rahane$$@last_name:Ajiyenke@@#profession:cricketer!@#*&^ Serial_no:1$$@#first_name:Rahane$$@last_name:Ajiyenke@@#profession:cricketer!@#*&^... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajMjar
3 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to replace value of password tag in xml with blanks when special characters are there?

Hi All, I am trying to replace the values inside <password> tag in an xml file but it doesn't replace certain passwords: For eg: Server/home/sperinc>cat TextXML.txt <appIds> <entry name="AccountXref"> <type id="ldap"> <realm>nam</realm> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saroopkris85
7 Replies
XML::Easy::Content(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   XML::Easy::Content(3pm)

NAME
XML::Easy::Content - abstract form of XML content SYNOPSIS
use XML::Easy::Content; $content = XML::Easy::Content->new([ "foo", $subelement, "bar", ]); $twine = $content->twine; DESCRIPTION
An object of this class represents a chunk of XML content, the kind of matter that can be contained within an XML element. This is in an abstract form, intended for general manipulation. It is completely isolated from the textual representation of XML, and holds only the meaningful content of the chunk. The data in a content object cannot be modified: different data requires the creation of a new object. An XML content chunk consists of a sequence of zero or more characters and XML elements, interspersed in any fashion. Character content can use almost all Unicode characters, with only a few characters (such as most of the ASCII control characters) prohibited by the specification from being directly represented in XML. Each XML element in a content chunk itself recursively contains a chunk of content, in addition to having attached metadata. This class is not meant to be subclassed. XML content is unextendable, dumb data. Content objects are better processed using the functions in XML::Easy::NodeBasics than using the methods of this class. CONSTRUCTOR
XML::Easy::Content->new(TWINE) Constructs and returns a new content chunk object with the specified content. TWINE must be a reference to an array listing the chunk's content in twine form (see "Twine" in XML::Easy::NodeBasics). The content is checked for validity, against the XML 1.0 specification, and the function "die"s if it is invalid. METHODS
$content->twine Returns a reference to an array listing the chunk's content in twine form (see "Twine" in XML::Easy::NodeBasics). The returned array must not be subsequently modified. If possible, it will be marked as read-only in order to prevent modification. $content->content Deprecated alias for the "twine" method. SEE ALSO
XML::Easy::Element, XML::Easy::NodeBasics AUTHOR
Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008, 2009 PhotoBox Ltd Copyright (C) 2009, 2010, 2011 Andrew Main (Zefram) <zefram@fysh.org> LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 XML::Easy::Content(3pm)