Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple script to modify kickstart file Post 302193494 by beeloo on Friday 9th of May 2008 12:42:30 PM
Old 05-09-2008
Thanks. I have one more question. The script above will insert another new line for the "network....". Can I make it just only add the answer to those variable in the kickstart file? Please advise. Thanks alot

# Kickstart file automatically generated by anaconda.

install
nfs --server=10.10.10.200 --dir=/redhat/install
key --skip
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
xconfig --startxonboot
network --device eth0 --bootproto static --ip $IP --netmask 255.255.255.0 --gateway $GATEWAY --nameserver 172.27.200.215,172.27.201.215 --hostname $HOSTNAME
network --device eth1 --onboot no --bootproto dhcp --hostname $HOSTNAME
rootpw --iscrypted $1$r3I9vk75$JWCGlXqgYd0/55lfg09NJ.
firewall --disabled
authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5
selinux --disabled

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to generate a log file

I've seen several examples of scripts in thise forum about having a script generate a log file. I have a script that is run from cron and that monitors a file system for a specfic filename(s) and then performs some actions on them. Normally I call this script from another script (which the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify a file using shell script

Hi, i am using SuonOS and ksh. i need to add data into a file(s.txt) using a shell script. i have to pass 3 parameters and these 3 paramaters should add into the file at end of the file. File s.txt is look like, --------------------------------- column1|column2|column3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syamkp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify a file of different username through script.

Hi ! All I want to write a script where, it will open a new shell with a username / pwd and modify a file of same username and exit. example: 1. UserA 2. UserB- FileB ScriptA -> su UserB -> Modify FileB -> Exit ScriptA Can somebody give me a direction , on how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to modify the contents of file using script

Hi, Can anyone pls let me know how can i modify the file contents thru script. Eg. I have file abc.dat that contains below lines Merge.resync.cycleFlag Merge.resync.logFlag Merge.resync.maxByteRate Merge.resync.maxSearch Merge.resync.rate Merge.resync.tickLog ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using shell script

Hi, I have a text file which is following format - COL VAL ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 ABC 5 My requirement is to search for a particular value (provided by user) in the file and comment the previous entries including that as well. E.g. If I search for number 3, then the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to modify file in several directories

Hi, I want a script shell to automate modifying httpd.conf file for several instances of apache, save httpd.file before changing it, after modifying it and then restart apache. - Replace ServerRoot "xxxx" by ServerRoot "yyyy" of all directories : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bras39
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify the test file by any script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0 12 3 6... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
WICD-WIRED-SETTINGS.CONF(5)					File Formats Manual				       WICD-WIRED-SETTINGS.CONF(5)

NAME
wicd-wired-settings.conf - controls Wicd's wired network settings DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration information for wired interfaces in Wicd. This file is located at /etc/wicd/wired-settings.conf SETTINGS
default = <0|1> This option decides whether to use this profile as the default. 0 = do not use this profile as default. 1 = use this profile as default. beforescript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run before Wicd brings up the connection. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. IMPORTANT - scripts should ONLY be writable by root and located in a directory that is only writable by root. afterscript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run after Wicd brings up the connection. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. IMPORTANT - scripts should ONLY be writable by root and located in a directory that is only writable by root. predisconnectscript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run before Wicd disconnects the interface. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. postdisconnectscript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run after Wicd disconnects the interface. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. IMPORTANT - scripts should ONLY be writable by root and located in a directory that is only writable by root. ip = <None|ip_address> Use this option if you have a static ip address for your system. netmask = <None|networkmask> This setting is only appropriate if a static ip address is configured above. broadcast = <None|broadcast_address> This setting is only appropriate if a static ip address is configured above. gateway = <None|gateway_address> This setting is only appropriate if a static ip address is configured above. use_static_dns = <True|False> True = use static DNS servers instead of accepting what the dhcp server supplies. use_global_dns = <True|False> True = use the global DNS servers provided in wicd-manager-settings.conf(5). This option is only appropriate if "use_static_dns = True" dns1 = <None|ip_address> Static DNS address if "use_static_dns = True" and "use_global_dns = False" dns2 = <None|ip_address> Static DNS address if "use_static_dns = True" and "use_global_dns = False" dns3 = <None|ip_address> Static DNS address if "use_static_dns = True" and "use_global_dns = False" SEE ALSO
wicd(8), wicd-curses(8), wicd-manager-settings.conf(5), wicd-wireless-settings.conf(5). wicd-1.7.2.4 WICD-WIRED-SETTINGS.CONF(5)