Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help me to solve this issue
Operating Systems Solaris Help me to solve this issue Post 302193421 by Yogesh Sawant on Friday 9th of May 2008 08:23:12 AM
Old 05-09-2008
maybe rsync

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve this

I have to write an script for.. CUST: 123 trans: some contents CUST: 1234 trans: some contents Now wat i have to do is this: CUST:123 akash trans: some contents CUST:1234 akash1 trans: I have been able to add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashag22
3 Replies

2. Solaris

please help me solve this issue.........

Hi, I am having a Solaris 5.9 server in which an audit trail script is running every day.It is doing nothing but taking the backup of three files given below -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1807 May 18 01:30 login_server1_17May2008 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 May 18 01:30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone solve this awk issue ?

awk -F^ '{ if (($1 != "X") && ($5 != "3")) || if (($1 != "S") && ($5 != "2")) print $0}' abc> xyz The above command returns this error awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 I am newbie to awk, Any awk intelligence involved in correcting this issue is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to checkVenn diagram issue solve by Unix programm

Hello Any Unix programm can help me to solve thsi issue: I have 2 venn digrams please checke the attached file for pictures of venn diagram for eg red is A yellow is B and green is C..Please see attached file for Venn diagrams In one ..... I have 3 data set A , B and C Venn diagram... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies

6. Programming

Removed /root/.cabal by mistake - how to solve this issue?

I have mistakenly removed /root/.cabal/ from my root directoty and when I tried to reinstall it I get this output: faiz:~$ sudo cabal install pandoc --reinstall Resolving dependencies... In order, the following will be installed: pandoc-1.14.0.4 (reinstall) Warning: Note that reinstalls are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve hang issue in script?

i have one function block in the beginning of my script and there are some commands inside that function which will perform some operations. And i am invoking that function from my main script by passing some values. Sometimes it is hanging in the middle for some value. For example: For 1st... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)