Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching and storing unknown number of lines based on the string with a condition Post 302193410 by swamymns on Friday 9th of May 2008 08:03:16 AM
Old 05-09-2008
Dear friends,

Please help me the above stated problem.

Urgent responses are very much appreciated .

Thanks in advance,
swamymns

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split the String based on condition?

hi , I have a String str="/opt/ibm/lotus/ibw/latest" or ="/opt/lotus/ibw/latest" this value is dynamic..I want to split this string into 2 strings 1. /opt/ibm/lotus(/opt/lotus) this string must ends with "lotus" 2./ibw/latest can any body help me on this? Regards, sankar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - searching for string and storing in variable

Hi I'm trying to find a way to search a text file for a specific string. I have a file which contains i.p. addresses and port numbers in the following format: 'ip="www.xxx.yyy.zzz"' 'port="xx""' I want to print only the parts between the double quotes for use in seperate variables,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on string match on another line and condition

Hi folks, I have a text file that I need to parse, and I cant figure it out. The source is a report breaking down softwares from various companies with some basic info about them (see source snippet below). Ultimately what I want is an excel sheet with only Adobe and Microsoft software name and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from XML based on condition

Hi, I need to remove some lines from an XML file is the value within a tag is empty. Imagine this scenario, <acd><acdID>2</acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> <acd><acdID></acdID><logon></logon></acd> I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two non-consecutive lines based on line number or string

This is a variation of an earlier post found here: unixcom/shell-programming-scripting/159821-merge-two-non-consecutive-lines.html User Bartus11 was kind enough to solve that example. Previously, I needed help combining two lines that are non-consecutive in a file. Now I need to do the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: munkee
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic (number-based) if condition

Hi Folks I'm looking for help with if statement. I'm reading the file with header (starts with 0 on position 1 in the line) and data (starts with 1 on position 1 in the line). I have to check if the number from header (should be number of data rows) equal actual count of the data rows. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print certain lines based on condition

Hi All, I have following listing Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 4.00 0.31 93 63080 43 /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines from file based on condition

I want to keep last 2 days data from a file and want to delete others data from the file. Please help me. Sample Input # cat messages-2 Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 kernel: imklog 4.6.2, log source = /proc/kmsg started. Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 rsyslogd: (re)start Apr 16 19:42:03 test1 kernel:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines based on line number and specified condition

Hi, I have a file like below. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9I would like to print or copied to a file based of line count in perl If I gave a condition 1 to 3 then it should iterate over above file and print 1 to 3 and then again 1 to 3 etc. output should be 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to reformat lines based on condition

The awk below uses the tab-delimeted fileand reformats each line based on one of three conditions (rules). The 3 rules are for deletion (lines in blue), snv (line in red), and insertion (lines in green). I have included all possible combinations of lines from my actual data, which is very large.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
LDAP_RESULT(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    LDAP_RESULT(3)

NAME
ldap_result - Wait for the result of an LDAP operation LIBRARY
OpenLDAP LDAP (libldap, -lldap) SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_result( LDAP *ld, int msgid, int all, struct timeval *timeout, LDAPMessage **result ); int ldap_msgfree( LDAPMessage *msg ); int ldap_msgtype( LDAPMessage *msg ); int ldap_msgid( LDAPMessage *msg ); DESCRIPTION
The ldap_result() routine is used to wait for and return the result of an operation previously initiated by one of the LDAP asynchronous operation routines (e.g., ldap_search_ext(3), ldap_modify_ext(3), etc.). Those routines all return -1 in case of error, and an invocation identifier upon successful initiation of the operation. The invocation identifier is picked by the library and is guaranteed to be unique across the LDAP session. It can be used to request the result of a specific operation from ldap_result() through the msgid parameter. The ldap_result() routine will block or not, depending upon the setting of the timeout parameter. If timeout is not a NULL pointer, it specifies a maximum interval to wait for the selection to complete. If timeout is a NULL pointer, the LDAP_OPT_TIMEOUT value set by ldap_set_option(3) is used. With the default setting, the select blocks indefinitely. To effect a poll, the timeout argument should be a non-NULL pointer, pointing to a zero-valued timeval structure. To obtain the behavior of the default setting, bypassing any value set by ldap_set_option(3), set to -1 the tv_sec field of the timeout parameter. See select(2) for further details. If the result of a specific operation is required, msgid should be set to the invocation identifier returned when the operation was initi- ated, otherwise LDAP_RES_ANY or LDAP_RES_UNSOLICITED should be supplied to wait for any or unsolicited response. The all parameter, if non-zero, causes ldap_result() to return all responses with msgid, otherwise only the next response is returned. This is commonly used to obtain all the responses of a search operation. A search response is made up of zero or more search entries, zero or more search references, and zero or more extended partial responses followed by a search result. If all is set to 0, search entries will be returned one at a time as they come in, via separate calls to ldap_result(). If it's set to 1, the search response will only be returned in its entirety, i.e., after all entries, all references, all extended partial responses, and the final search result have been received. RETURN VALUE
Upon success, the type of the result received is returned and the result parameter will contain the result of the operation; otherwise, the result parameter is undefined. This result should be passed to the LDAP parsing routines, ldap_first_message(3) and friends, for interpre- tation. The possible result types returned are: LDAP_RES_BIND (0x61) LDAP_RES_SEARCH_ENTRY (0x64) LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE (0x73) LDAP_RES_SEARCH_RESULT (0x65) LDAP_RES_MODIFY (0x67) LDAP_RES_ADD (0x69) LDAP_RES_DELETE (0x6b) LDAP_RES_MODDN (0x6d) LDAP_RES_COMPARE (0x6f) LDAP_RES_EXTENDED (0x78) LDAP_RES_INTERMEDIATE (0x79) The ldap_msgfree() routine is used to free the memory allocated for result(s) by ldap_result() or ldap_search_ext_s(3) and friends. It takes a pointer to the result or result chain to be freed and returns the type of the last message in the chain. If the parameter is NULL, the function does nothing and returns zero. The ldap_msgtype() routine returns the type of a message. The ldap_msgid() routine returns the message id of a message. ERRORS
ldap_result() returns -1 if something bad happens, and zero if the timeout specified was exceeded. ldap_msgtype() and ldap_msgid() return -1 on error. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_first_message(3), select(2) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from the University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2017/06/01 LDAP_RESULT(3)