Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting error "syntax error at line 78 : `<' unmatched" Post 302193164 by sshah1001 on Thursday 8th of May 2008 05:41:49 PM
Old 05-08-2008
Guys, my problem got resolved. I did not check the trailing white space. I checked only at the begining of EOF and ABC.

Thanks for reading my thread anyways.

Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"else" unmatched error in shell script.

Friends I have pasted a script below d08083: cat tests #!/bin/ksh if then rm -r Last-Previous mv Previous Last-Previous mv Current Previous mkdir Current #cd Current mv $1 Current else cd Current mv "$1\$2" Current\*\ fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash (Ubuntu server): Syntax error: "|" unexpected in While-loop

Hello forum, I hope my problem is easy to solve for someone in here! My main task is to copy a large amount of imap-accounts from one server to another. There is a tool (Perl) called imapsync which does the job exellent. Unfortunately I'm only able to run it on one account at a time. After... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primaxx
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax error at ./grade.pl line 25, near "$_{"

I want to find the average score of students grde that I have in 2 different files. I want my script to read the each line in each file, print the average. Once it's done print the average in one file, it will move to the next. I keep getting a line 25, near "$_{" error and cannot figure why.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kxb
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

9. BSD

Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file"

#!/bin/bash #-------------------------------------------------------- # Setup prompt # Author Zeeshan Mirza # Data: 06-08-2017 #-------------------------------------------------------- if then . ./.profile_custom_pre fi umask 022 set -o vi export EDITOR=vi export VISUAL=vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getzeeshan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies
YASM_PARSERS(7) 					      Yasm Supported Parsers						   YASM_PARSERS(7)

NAME
yasm_parsers - Yasm Supported Parsers (Assembler Syntaxes) SYNOPSIS
yasm -p parser [-r preproc] ... DESCRIPTION
The standard Yasm distribution includes a number of modules for different parsers (assembler syntaxes). The parser is selected on the yasm(1) command line by use of the -p parser command line option. NASM PARSER
NASM syntax, selected with -p nasm, is the most full-featured syntax supported by Yasm. Yasm is nearly 100% compatible with NASM for 16-bit and 32-bit x86 code. Yasm additionally supports 64-bit AMD64 code with Yasm extensions to the NASM syntax; see yasm_arch(7) for details. NASM syntax is the Yasm default. GAS PARSER
The GNU Assembler (GAS) is the de-facto cross-platform assembler for modern Unix systems, and is used as the backend for the GCC compiler. Yasm's support for GAS syntax is moderately good, although immature: not all directives are supported, and only 32-bit x86 and AMD64 architectures are supported. There is also no support for the GAS preprocessor. Despite these limitations, Yasm's GAS syntax support is good enough to handle essentially all x86 and AMD64 GCC compiler output. The GAS parser can be selected with -p gas. SEE ALSO
yasm(1), yasm_arch(7) AUTHOR
Peter Johnson <peter@tortall.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Peter Johnson Yasm October 2006 YASM_PARSERS(7)