Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To send an email with the body content extracted from a file Post 302193013 by joeyg on Thursday 8th of May 2008 09:32:23 AM
Old 05-08-2008
Question I have used a similar command

for quite a few applications/scripts:

where I previously set
subjmsg to text
and logf is the text of my program execution

Code:
mailx -s "$subjmsg" who@company.com <$logf

Where you say this appears as an attachment, can you send to another email address and check that account. Presumably with a different domain, you might use a different email program. (My thinking is that your email client on the receiving side is doing this.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send an email with some body content and attachment

hi plz help me in sending a mail with some data in body and an attachment as some txt file. currently i am able to send mail with some body content, i need an example how to send the same along with attachment. thanks in advance -bali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachment and body : mailx , waiting for input , signal Control D

Hi, I am trying to send email with attacment and body using "mailx" (cat body.txt; uuencode attach.txt) | mailx -s "Attachment" abc@xyz.com When i type this command, the shell is still waiting for me to enter something in standard input and press control D before it sends a mail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaszero
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send SAS Graph in Email Body from UNIX

Hi Friends, I am trying to send a graph in Body of HTML Email which is generated using a SAS Code. But, I am not able to see the picture, Instead seeing a red cross mark in Email Body. Could you please help me in fixing this problem? Also, I do not have a Shared Place (or) a web server to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuels
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mutt command - email body with out file name

Hello All, I know we can put body inside a mail using -i option for specifying the file which contains body message, is there an option for me to specify body content instead of a file specification only using mutt? Below is not working and i don't see any options in manual page! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Body content is in random format while sending email from Linux to my outlook.

Hi I have a script running in lunix machine which emails log file content to my outlook. Here is the actual log file result: Image-1 In-Master:25028 ReplicaDn Consumer Supplier Delay dc=xxx,dc=com lmjker0110:12345 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Send multi content email using sendemail utility

Hi Guys, I am trying to send email from solaris server using sendemail utility. I want to send multi content email. For example, i want to send email body with html file and a attachment of txt file. I using below code but the html not render correctly in email body. ( echo "To:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies
LOG(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    LOG(3)

NAME
log, logf, logl, log10, log10f, log10l, log2, log2f, log2l, log1p, log1pf, log1pl -- logarithm functions LIBRARY
Math Library (libm, -lm) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double log(double x); float logf(float x); long double logl(long double x); double log10(double x); float log10f(float x); long double log10l(long double x); double log2(double x); float log2f(float x); long double log2l(long double x); double log1p(double x); float log1pf(float x); long double log1pl(long double x); DESCRIPTION
The log(), logf(), and logl() functions compute the natural logarithm of x. The log10(), log10f(), and log10l() functions compute the logarithm base 10 of x, while log2(), log2f(), and log2l() compute the logarithm base 2 of x. The log1p(), log1pf(), and log1pl() functions compute the natural logarithm of 1 + x. Computing the natural logarithm as log1p(x) is more accurate than computing it as log(1 + x) when x is close to zero. RETURN VALUES
These functions return the requested logarithm; the logarithm of 1 is +0. An attempt to take the logarithm of +-0 results in a divide-by- zero exception, and -infinity is returned. Otherwise, attempting to take the logarithm of a negative number results in an invalid exception and a return value of NaN. SEE ALSO
exp(3), ilogb(3), math(3), pow(3) STANDARDS
The log(), logf(), logl(), log10(), log10f(), log10l(), log2(), log2f(), log2l(), log1p(), log1pf(), and log1pl() functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). BSD
June 3, 2013 BSD