Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add records between pattern (awk) Post 302192981 by Franklin52 on Thursday 8th of May 2008 07:58:37 AM
Old 05-08-2008
awk evaluate the 1 as a true and by default it prints the whole line, it's similar to {print $0}.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print records before and after the pattern

Hi All, I want to write a sh shell script to read input report and search for a specefic pattern in file and print 3 record above and 2 record below the line in which pattern found. My file contains different- different pattern repeatedly, same pattern set of records should go into one file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK, print no of records after pattern match.

Hi ALL :). i have a file, cat 3 + dog 5 + rat 6 - i want to print no of record having pattern "+". thanks in advance :confused:. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find pattern and add lines

My file goes like this: SID_LIST_HOSTNAME_LISTENER_3 = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0008) (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/ORA0008) (ENVS = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/product/ORA0008/lib") ) (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0007) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpsingh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add columns based on a pattern using awk?

Hi, I have a file with more than 1000 lines with ~14 columns. I need to find all the lines with matching value in column 14 and then add column 6 in all the lines before printing them out.. e.g if this is the input file: abc test input 10 for process 2345 abc test input 15 for process 2348... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xkdasari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern and extracting records related to that pattern

Hi there, Looking forward to your advice for the below: I have a file which contains 2 paragraphs related to a particular pattern. I have to search for those paragraphs from a log file and then print a particular line from those paragraphs. Sample: I have one file with the fixed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching name in records

Hi, I'm very new to these forums. I was wondering if someone could help an AWK beginner with a pattern matching an actor to his appearance in movies, which would be stored as records. Let's say we have a database of 4 movies (each movie a record with name, studio + year, and actor fields with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jill Ceke
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] add column between range pattern

Hi all, I have table like this A1 1 2 1 3 2 4 A2 3 1 1 2 1 1 A3 1 1 2 0 3 2 ..... An And i want to add column to my table and the table will become like this : (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychop13
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add text to matching pattern in field

In the awk I am trying to add :p.=? to the end of each $9 that matches the pattern NM_. The below executes andis close but I can not seem to figure out why the :p.=? repeats in the split as in the green in the current output. I have added comments as well. Thank you :). file ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk to find pattern and add priffix

Original File Server1|poweredOn|268401| Server1/Server1.vmx|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) Need Output Server1|poweredOn|DR|T1|268401| Server1/Server1.vmx|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) Conduction to check find the string "SFCHT1" and "SR" and add prefix has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)