Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: posting new thread
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems posting new thread Post 302192824 by superstar003 on Thursday 8th of May 2008 01:46:24 AM
Old 05-08-2008
posting new thread

Hi

How to post new thread

Please help me

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

posting thread is problem

hi, i am unable to post new thread. pls revert back what i need to do. i already posted 3 threads.... I am getting message like " Message is too short" even though my message is more than 100 characters. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spc432
1 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)