Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments) Post 302192793 by sparcguy on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 10:21:08 PM
Old 05-07-2008
from your client Can you do a touch apple inside the shared out folder

touch apple

it will create a file called apple which is zero byte. If it cannot even create a zero byte file then you need to review your export permissions from server side

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS server failed

Hello, We have an NFS problem : when we try to automount or mount a share file system to a client we have the following error : NFS acces failed for server xxxxx : error 7 (RPC : Authentication error). We've have this error after the reboot of the client. Rerun the automount daemon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christophe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

3. Solaris

NFS lookup failed for server netapp

Hi When trying to mount a database from Solaris, we get the error: Feb 10 09:27:22 SUNTEST nfs: NFS lookup failed for server netapp: error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments) Feb 10 09:27:27 SUNTEST nfs: NFS getattr failed for server netapp: error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Nfs client mount RPC Error: Program not registered.

Hello, I was having few issues on my linux box, I am getting this error whenever I tried to mount a share on a client linux host. # mount -t nfs 10.10.4.150:/data/pops_sva /mnt mount: mount to NFS server '10.10.4.150' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. # I see the error and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
4 Replies

6. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

8. Programming

Call failed: RPC: Can't decode result

Hello I am trying to run rpc program to query an entry from a file at the server side that is in the form of <mm> <dd> <event>. I get the proper result at the server. I have verified it by printf statements just before return statement of the result at server side. But somehow I am unable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvikramreddy92
0 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
ReportCrash(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    ReportCrash(8)

NAME
ReportCrash -- Generates crash reports SYNOPSIS
ReportCrash DESCRIPTION
ReportCrash analyzes crashing processes and saves a crash report to disk. A crash report contains information that can help a developer diagnose the cause of a crash. ReportCrash also records the identity of the crashing process and the location of the saved crash report in the system.log and the ASL log database. ReportCrash is invoked automatically by launchd when a crash is detected. For applications and other processes running in the per-user launchd context, ReportCrash runs as a LaunchAgent and saves crash reports in the user's ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ directory. For daemons, other processes running in the system launchd context and other privileged processes, ReportCrash runs as a LaunchDaemon and saves crash reports in the system's /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports directory where they are only readable by admin users. If there are too many crash reports saved for a particular process, older reports will automatically be removed in order to conserve disk space. launchtl can be used to disable and re-enable crash reporting. To disable crash reporting: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.ReportCrash.plist sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.ReportCrash.Root.plist To re-enable crash reporting: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.ReportCrash.plist sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.ReportCrash.Root.plist For application crashes (but not background process crashes) ReportCrash will display a dialog notifying the user that the application unex- pectedly quit and offering to reopen the application or send the report to Apple. For developers, the behavior of this dialog can be adjusted using /Developer/Applications/Utilities/CrashReporterPrefs.app which is installed as part of the developer tools. Crash reports which are sent to Apple are submitted anonymously by the SubmitDiagInfo process. The reports are used by Apple to improve its products. Users who need support should use http://www.apple.com/support or other authorized support channels. Developers who are ADC mem- bers should report bugs using http://bugreporter.apple.com in order to allow for two way communication between Apple and the bug reporter. More information about interpreting the contents of crash reports can be found in Technote 2123: http://developer.apple.com/tech- notes/tn2004/tn2123.html SEE ALSO
launchd(8), launchd.plist(8), launchctl(8), spindump(8), SubmitDiagInfo(8) Mac OS June 1, 2019 Mac OS