Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux i need help on installing some drivers Post 302192690 by abu_malek on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 04:15:11 PM
Old 05-07-2008
i need help on installing some drivers

hello everyone
i am a windows user and now im migrating to unix systems, i installed openSUSE linux on my system and i need help on installing the driver for a wireless USB adapter (TP-Link )and the driver for the graphic Card (geforce 5500).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error while installing NIC drivers

After seeing that http://sol-enet.sourceforge.net/support.shtml had drivers for my NIC, I decided to download them on my windows machine so I could burn them to a CD and install them on my old gateway so I could try to get it on the internet. While following the instructions with the drivers, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtremepancakez
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Drivers

Hi guys, Im totally new to solaris 10, I've just installed it & it works fine However, I get no sound when playing cds. Am wondering where I get the solaris 10 drivers for my soundblaster live from and how to install them? Thx in advance. Frizz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frizz
0 Replies

3. AIX

Drivers

I seem to be having a driver issue installing a PCI SCSI card. Any ideas where I can track these down.. I can't seem to find them on the OS install disk. I'm using AIX 5.3. cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eth0
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

5. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Drivers not get detected while installing Solaris on Hp server

I m having server with a mode; HP Proliant DL380 G5. Having 8 disks 148Gb each, as i m going for solaris 10 installtion it gives error Disk not found. Its not detecting Drivers. Kindly tell me how to for the driver detection. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunray
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing Generic Ascii Drivers For Line Matrix Printer

Hi, Does anybody have any idea as to how to setup a printer using a generic ascii driver? We have a Tally T6100 line matrix printer which is on our network and works fine in a Windows environment. We are trying to move this printer to Oracle Linux. I've contacted Tally as well as Printronix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
0 Replies
REGULATORY_HINT(9)					  Regulatory enforcement infrast					REGULATORY_HINT(9)

NAME
regulatory_hint - driver hint to the wireless core a regulatory domain SYNOPSIS
int regulatory_hint(struct wiphy * wiphy, const char * alpha2); ARGUMENTS
wiphy the wireless device giving the hint (used only for reporting conflicts) alpha2 the ISO/IEC 3166 alpha2 the driver claims its regulatory domain should be in. If rd is set this should be NULL. Note that if you set this to NULL you should still set rd->alpha2 to some accepted alpha2. DESCRIPTION
Wireless drivers can use this function to hint to the wireless core what it believes should be the current regulatory domain by giving it an ISO/IEC 3166 alpha2 country code it knows its regulatory domain should be in or by providing a completely build regulatory domain. If the driver provides an ISO/IEC 3166 alpha2 userspace will be queried for a regulatory domain structure for the respective country. The wiphy must have been registered to cfg80211 prior to this call. For cfg80211 drivers this means you must first use wiphy_register, for mac80211 drivers you must first use ieee80211_register_hw. Drivers should check the return value, its possible you can get an -ENOMEM. RETURN
0 on success. -ENOMEM. AUTHOR
Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 REGULATORY_HINT(9)