Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: glibc error
Top Forums Programming glibc error Post 302192620 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 12:38:00 PM
Old 05-07-2008
There is also electric fence which can find buffer overruns for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

glibc 2.2.2

After installing glibc 2.2.2 on my redhat 6.1 (with all necessary updates). I try to restart but my compter say i do not existst like you deleted root account and you are root. (i have seen people doing that ;-P ). I run configure with these command --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin --libdir=/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jurrien
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install glibc-2.6.1

Hi, I have downloaded glibc-2.6.1.tar.tar. But I do not know how to install it on Xubuntu. Do you know ? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message about glibc

Hi I have a strange phenomenon on putty session connected to RHEL4 server. My session is active but without any activity for 2 or 3 hours and suddenly this message appears on the prompt : $ *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb66e0d50 *** Could you have an idea about it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
8 Replies

5. Programming

"GLIBC detected Error" for a simple C code.

Here is a simple program to find the vowels in the string. Output is fine. But I'm getting GLIBC detected as shown below : :eek: *** glibc detected *** ./VOWELS: free(): invalid pointer: 0x08b82013 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/libc.so.6 /lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x59) ./VOWELS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranji Raj
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

got error when install glibc

hi all, i am play LFS recently. but i can not go on for a an error when install glibc. here is the error log: if test -r /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h && cmp -s /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/stubs.h /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h; \ then echo 'stubs.h unchanged'; \ else /usr/bin/install -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch to a certain version of glibc?

Hello, I currently have glibc 2.13. I was wondering if you could teach me how to switch to : glibc2.3.2 I would really appreciate it if you tell me how to do it step by step since I am a beginner . thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while installing glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I come across the following error while configuring glibc 2.16.0 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS:"These critical programs are missing or too old: ld". Please suggest me a solution for the same at the earliest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nov_2012
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11

I have to debug a function getopt_long in glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1. For that how can I download and install its corresponding glibc-debug on SLES 11? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
8 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies
SCHED_GETCPU(3) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   SCHED_GETCPU(3)

NAME
sched_getcpu - determine CPU on which the calling thread is running SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> int sched_getcpu(void); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sched_getcpu(): Since glibc 2.14: _GNU_SOURCE Before glibc 2.14: _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE /* _GNU_SOURCE also suffices */ DESCRIPTION
sched_getcpu() returns the number of the CPU on which the calling thread is currently executing. RETURN VALUE
On success, sched_getcpu() returns a nonnegative CPU number. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
ENOSYS This kernel does not implement getcpu(2). VERSIONS
This function is available since glibc 2.6. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +---------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +---------------+---------------+---------+ |sched_getcpu() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +---------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
sched_getcpu() is glibc-specific. NOTES
The call cpu = sched_getcpu(); is equivalent to the following getcpu(2) call: int c, s; s = getcpu(&c, NULL, NULL); cpu = (s == -1) ? s : c; SEE ALSO
getcpu(2), sched(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 SCHED_GETCPU(3)