Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete blank space in begining of line Post 302192489 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 04:08:25 AM
Old 05-07-2008
using Perl:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's/^\s+//' filename

This User Gave Thanks to Yogesh Sawant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete a first blank line from the file

I have a file which has the first blank line: sundev22$cat /t1/bin/startallocs /t1/bin/startallocsys 123 sundev22$ Is there a command to remove this first blank line? Thanks for help -A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

3. Solaris

deleting blank space in beginning of line in vi

How can we delete all the blank spaces in the beginning of some lines in a text in vi? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete last blank line.

I need to delete the last line only if its blank not otherwise. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NULL in between, at begining or at end of line - convert to space

How to replace null with space? I want to make each line with 80 characters. If any line contains only 5 characters and remaining is null, then i want to make it as 80 characrets where 5 is original characters and remaining 75 characters will be null.. NULL can come in between the line,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add or delete blank space in .txt

dear all, i have a question. i have a data which looks like below rs123 AATTTTTGGGGGGCC... rs456 TTTTTTCCCCCCCCC... rs5767 TTTTTTTGGGGGGCC... rs89776 GGGGCCCCCCCCC... WHAT I WANT is adding blank space as below: rs123 AA TT TT TG GG GG GC ... rs456 TT TT TT CC CC CC CC ... rs5767... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk until blank space and print next line

Hello and Happy New Year 2012! I have this example: 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 For that, I'm trying to get: 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 for that, I think this might work but doesnt work so far: awk '{for(i=1;i=NF;i++);sub(/\//,"",$i);print $i}' myfile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not delete space blank

Hi everyone, i need to "grep" a file with a string with space blanks, like this: grep "XXXX XX" file.txt The problem, i need put the "XXXX XX" in a string variable. When the script executes the grep, do: gresp XXXX XX file.txt How can i solve this problem? The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete blank line/s before and after a search pattern?

Hi, Test file x.txt below. This file is generated by a program that I unfortunately do not have control on how it gets presented/generated. create PACKAGE "XXX_INTERFACE_DEFECT_RPT_TEST" is TYPE refCursor IS REF CURSOR; Function queryRecords ( p_status varchar2, ... ... ... )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)