Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't mount slice
Operating Systems Solaris Can't mount slice Post 302192368 by System Shock on Tuesday 6th of May 2008 06:07:29 PM
Old 05-06-2008
Did you run newfs on the new slices?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

New Sds Slice

Hi, I'd like to add two new disk (mirrored each other) in a machine still on line. The machine is mirrored with SDS. the idea is to add two new disk and mirroring them in order to add a new mount point like "/produit" with only half of the new disk. who could send me exemples or tell me how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guillaume35
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

artichture of Slice

Can any one Explain the artichture of Slice on SOLARIS PLATFORM. OR else where can i found artical on these topic. akram shaik OCA akram_tri_a@yahoo.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdakram
2 Replies

3. AIX

4 procs, can I slice ?

if the system pegs at 100%, can I reserve .2cpu to allow for logins and such? the oracle rman/other activities take up some resources on occassion ... 3.8 procs for the system and .2 reserved? I'm not sure how to tackle this issue ... is this a good use for WLM? any thoughts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A Stewart
1 Replies

4. Solaris

mirroring the boot slice (slice 8) on x86

Hi there I am about to mirror a Solaris 10 x86 box (SunFire X4100) onto a secondary disk using svm (current system is one disk). My question is this, on X86 boxes there is a slice 8 defined as boot partition (and also a slice 9, dunno what its used for tho). Do I need to mirror this boot slice... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Mounted Slice not appearing

Hi friends.. Here is my problem.. I mounted a slice and make it permanent through entering the information in /etc/vfstab file ,,,but when i give df -kh ,,in the output the slice information is not appearing..but i can be able to open the mount point and access files as usual..I didn't give... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
6 Replies

6. Solaris

how to mount back the slice 7

Hi, i encounter problem during middle progress of mirroring. i trying create a mirror (metainit) to my slice 7. Who's have any experience, can you please help me? i tried create a state database replica "metadb -afc1 /dev/dsk/cxtxdxs7" but at it show it cannot create caused /dev/dsk/cxtxdxs7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

NEWBE Slice

I new to linux and am setting up a slice server. I actually made it to installing Apache but some how I messed up the ip tables. I cant access the server by sftp or putty. Im using the web interface at slice. I am logged in as a super user but cant do certain funtions. I guess i need to be logged... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DigitalExtreme
0 Replies

8. Linux

Expanding slice

Hi all I am testing backupPC as a backup solution for machines, as far as i knew, backuppc cannot combine more than storage from different slices so it have to be in one slice my question is, what is the easy way to offer a virtual logical drive expanded/expandable to backuppc, i mean i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

9. Solaris

What is the speciality of slice 2?

Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 259 - 2666 4.70GB (2408/0/0) 9863168 1 swap wu 3 - 258 512.00MB (256/0/0) 1048576 2 backup wm 0 - 4091 7.99GB (4092/0/0) 16760832 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris: Expanding / Extending a mount point / Slice

I'm new to UNIX, sort of inherited this job. I have an HP lefthand SAN, where I added 100GB to one of the volumes. As I understand I also have to expand the volume on the server (solaris 10 ) as well. So, how do I do that? The file system is called: sybdump. the mount point is /export/xxx/sybdump.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spaseman
19 Replies
GLUDISK(3G)															       GLUDISK(3G)

NAME
gluDisk - draw a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluDisk( GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops ) PARAMETERS
quad Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric). inner Specifies the inner radius of the disk (may be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the disk is subdivided. DESCRIPTION
gluDisk renders a disk on the z = 0 plane. The disk has a radius of outer, and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is generated. The disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices), and also about the z axis into rings (as specified by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the disk is considered to be "outside" (see gluQuadricOrientation). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing has been turned on (with gluQuadricTexture), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r = outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder, gluNewQuadric, gluPartialDisk, gluQuadricOrientation, gluQuadricTexture, gluSphere GLUDISK(3G)