Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fileserver in Perl via xinetd - bad XML output Post 302192306 by blemmo on Tuesday 6th of May 2008 04:41:01 PM
Old 05-06-2008
Hi,

no, I didn't use a packetsniffer (yet). I also tried the auto flush, but it made no difference.

The XML has to be valid, because when I run the standalone script (also from Adobe) with the same XML file, it all works fine.
The scripts, standalone and xinetd service, are basically the same, except that the standalone handles all the socket stuff itself, where the xinetd service script just reads from STDIN and writes to STDOUT. The other parts (handling the rquest, reading the file) are identical.

That's why I'm pretty sure now that it has something to do with the xinetd. Maybe I'll try a packetsniffer when I have some spare time. Meanwhile I use the standalone daemon and have a cron job watching over it. One more service constantly running... well, if Adobe thinks this is safer than an XML served by my webserver... sigh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

xinetd.conf

i want to edit inetd.conf for security on my redhat 7.1 box, but i dont have it in my /etc directory, rather, i have xinetd.conf. Can i use xinetd.conf for the same purpose, is it as useful as inetd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Fileserver?????????? with windows XP and unix

I'm new to this. My question is I have freebsd installed on one computer. I want to make it a file server. My main computer is windows XP. How do I make the freebsd machine in a fileserver. and so that windows xp can see it and access it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akari
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix as fileserver

Dear all, I am a windows user, am not into unix/linux at all. however, I have a new client who is asking me if unix can act as file server. i.e. my application imports files from several locations and put them in one location (on a shared folder on the server), so my application will be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KBalquis
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Here is a puzzler. To start, let me say that I've done a search on this issue and it is definitely not related to line endings being encoded in windows returns. I get this error when I run SOME perl scripts. I have a script called hello_world.pl. I do $cp hello_world.pl new_hello_world.pl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjmtaiwan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What type of Disk I/O takes place on a FileServer?

When you open a file on a fileserver from your client, what type of operation takes place on the server? I imagine the server's hard drive reads the file that the client has requested, and then makes it available somehow through the network share, is that accurate? Also what service on Unix/Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad character in output file

Hi All, I am facing some problems with bad characters in my file.For example- 00000000509 TCI DEVOFFERS= 1 Now I want to remove all bad characters and replace with *. Please suggest some solution. Along with that How to mention a range of ASCII values in TR command to replace? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing XML output file in perl.

Hi I have an XML output like : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <envelope> - <body> - <outputGetUsageSummary> - <usgSumm rerateDone="5"> - <usageAccum accumId="269" accumCaptn="VD_DP_AR" inclUnits="9999999.00" inclUnitsUsed="0.00" shared="false" pooled="false"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

10. Slackware

Sbin/agetty loop Prevents Boot of Slackware 12.1 Fileserver

HI everyone, Nice to meet you all. I recently rebooted Slackware 12.1 running on a Dell PowerEdge 2400. after 240 days of continuous run-time, and discovered it gets stuck in a sbin/agetty loop. We were rebooting because trying to mount root in webmin broke a bunch of things. Couldn't even get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5pac3m0nk3y
3 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_XINETD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_XINETD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_Xinetd - Manages an Xinetd service SYNOPSIS
Xinetd [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Xinetd. It starts/stops services managed by xinetd. Note that the xinetd daemon itself must be running: we are not going to start it or stop it ourselves. Important: in case the services managed by the cluster are the only ones enabled, you should specify the -stayalive option for xinetd or it will exit on Heartbeat stop. Alternatively, you may enable some internal service such as echo. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
service The service name managed by xinetd. (required, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. restart Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. Suggested interval: 10. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. Suggested interval: 10. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a Xinetd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_Xinetd ocf:heartbeat:Xinetd params service=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="10" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Xinetd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_XINETD(7)