Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ Segmentation Fault on exit of main Post 302192271 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 6th of May 2008 02:07:20 PM
Old 05-06-2008
The problem is not limited just to the arguments to main().

The OP could dummy up a stack canary to see when and in what function the variables get overwritten.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Segmentation fault

I am tring to install Lotus Domino/Notes 5.0.5 on a AIX 4.3.3 server. I go to run the cdrom/ibmpow/install and I get the following error. Lotus Notes for Unix Install Program --------------------------------------------- ./install: 10088 Segmentation fault This had Lotus Notes installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jshaulis
1 Replies

2. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

4. Programming

Segmentation fault.

I'm getting a segmentation fault. I'm new to Linux programming. Thanks so much for all of your input.:eek: #include </usr/include/mysql++/mysql++.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int outputToImport(const char*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

6. Programming

Segmentation fault in C

i have this code int already_there(char *client_names, char *username) { int i; for(i = 0; i<NUM; i++) { printf("HERE\n"); if (strcmp(client_names, username)==0) return(1); } return(0); } and i get a segmentation fault, whats wrong here? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

7. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

8. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)

NAME
abrt-action-analyze-java - Calculate and save UUID & DUPHASH and determine the level of usability for reporting of a Java stack trace. SYNOPSIS
abrt-action-analyze-java [-v] [-d DIR] [-o] [-f FILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads the file named backtrace from a problem data directory, processes it and generates a universally unique identifier (UUID). Then it saves this data as new element uuid. It also checks whether the stack trace contains a remote address in any of its frames and if so it creates not-reportable element whose contents explains why the stack trace should not be reported into a bug tracking system. Integration with ABRT events abrt-action-analyze-java can be used to generate the UUID & DUPHAS of a newly saved Java stack trace. EVENT=post-create analyzer=Java abrt-action-analyze-java OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to a problem directory. The tool reads the backtrace from stdin when neither this option nor -f is provided. -f FILE Path to a stack trace. The tool reads the backtrace from stdin when neither this option nor -d is provided. -o Print the result to stdout. -v Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt-java-connector 01/19/2014 ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)