Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: city wide connection
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers city wide connection Post 302192150 by Sprellarinn on Tuesday 6th of May 2008 06:39:20 AM
Old 05-06-2008
Smells like homework to me.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

For China members:which city do you live?

hi guys: i am live in Changsha China , i am study here . which city do you live? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdream
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

divide the file into multiple files based on the city name

Hi, I have a file abc.dat. It contains the fileds of empid, empname, empcity. each city contains 10 records. i want to create the city file and pass the same city records into the file. I don't know the city names. In unix using awk command how can we do? abc.dat: 1 john delhi 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghukreddy.ab
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

For Indian Members: What City Do You Live?

A Tribute to India For our Indian members, please let us know in the poll what city you live (or work)? Mumbai (Bombay) Delhi Kolkata (Calcutta) Chennai (Madras) Bangalore Hyderabad Pune Ahmedabad Kanpur Surat Other (Please Tell Us in Post and Write in Poll, Thanks!) Don't Live in... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
32 Replies
MAXDB_THREAD_ID(3)							 1							MAXDB_THREAD_ID(3)

maxdb_thread_id - Returns the thread ID for the current connection

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
int maxdb_thread_id (resource $link) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style int$maxdb->thread_id () The maxdb_thread_id(3) function returns the thread ID for the current connection which can then be killed using the maxdb_kill(3) func- tion. If the connection is lost and you reconnect with maxdb_ping(3), the thread ID will be other. Therefore you should get the thread ID only when you need it. Note The thread ID is assigned on a connection-by-connection basis. Hence, if the connection is broken and then re-established a new thread ID will be assigned. RETURN VALUES
maxdb_thread_id(3) returns the Thread ID for the current connection. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* determine our thread id */ $thread_id = $maxdb->thread_id; /* Kill connection */ $maxdb->kill($thread_id); /* This should produce an error */ if (!$maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE mycity LIKE hotel.city")) { printf("Error: %s ", $maxdb->error); exit; } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } /* determine our thread id */ $thread_id = maxdb_thread_id($link); /* Kill connection */ maxdb_kill($link, $thread_id); /* This should produce an error */ if (!maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE mycity LIKE hotel.city")) { printf("Error: %s ", maxdb_error($link)); exit; } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Warning: maxdb_query(): -10821 Session not connected <...> Error: Session not connected SEE ALSO
maxdb_kill(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_THREAD_ID(3)