Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problems installing expect utilty Post 302192028 by anhlevn on Monday 5th of May 2008 11:36:27 PM
Old 05-06-2008
Hi,
I got the same problem and then I figured out how to fix that.
I am using Ubuntu 8.04 (the newest version) and I solved that problem by reconfiguring Expect with the option --with-tcl=directory where directory contains tcl configuration (tclConfig.sh).
Hope this help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing expect

Hi, I have solaris 8 installed in my intel machine.(pentium 4).I'am planning to learn expect.Can somebody help me in giving relevant sites for that.I beleive we have to install TCL also for expect.Can somebody throw light on installations of both TCL & expect? thanx in advance, raj. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sounder123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a simple file based utilty for shell scripts

Hello, I'm wondering if you may know of a simple file based UNIX utility that can be used to store and retrieve values on a flat file, let's say i have a file called "kru", i'd like to be able to specify a request like: while(....) if ; then kru.fld2 = $rec_cnt kru.fld3 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script with file input problems

Hello, I am trying to write an expect script that will ssh into a large number of Cisco routers and add some commands via the cli. The script I wrote works great for one host however I have over 350 routers that this needs to be added to. The problem is I cannot get the script to read the file of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meberline
1 Replies

4. Programming

Installing EXPECT on unix

Friends, I thought of installing EXPECT but unable to execute 'make', its throwing errors. Am not a 'root' user, will I not be able to install EXPECT in my home directory? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaga
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with expect and set variables

I'm writing a script that'll send a time-stamp to my backup server. I create a file with the name of the current date, send it to my server with scp and rm the file from the local computer. Individually these commands work fine and with a set name the expect scripts also work fine. The problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ktesh564
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to install expect after installing tcl on Redhat Linux

Hi, I have install tcl and then expect but I am getting below ouput while trying which expect which expect /usr/bin/which: no expect in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin) I have copied both in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script Execution Problems .. Help!!!

Hi Guys, I am writing the expect script which take input from the txt file and check whether that file is present over the Sftp or not.If yes then delete other wise check the next one.. I am able to do comparison online for single file... Please also note still i didn't try to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hackerdilli
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with expect

Hi, I am writing a script to enter into a list of servers and take the backup of the cronjobs on that servers... ============================== -bash-3.00$ expect spawn.exp ssh rcdn6-vm59-33 spawn ssh servers1 /CODE]==================== -bash-3.00$ cat spawn.exp #!/usr/bin/expect eval... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishkumar432
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with expect and sftp in bash

I'm having trouble with some automated sftp pulls. I'm using expect inside bash scripts and spawning SFTP. Some times the expect seems bog down. I have tried to put sleeps in my code to give everything time to work before I move on to next step but I till continue to get issues. For example when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gosteen
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issue in installing expect and Tcl

Hi I need to install expect in redhat. through net I came to know that I must install tcl too in order to make expect work. I have downloaded both packages but not able to install # ls -lrt total 3720 18:33 tcl8.4.20-src.tar.gz 18:33 expect5.45.3.tar.gz 18:40 expect5.45.3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
7 Replies
DEBSNAP(1)							DebSnap User Manual							DEBSNAP(1)

NAME
debsnap - retrieve old snapshots of Debian packages SYNOPSIS
debsnap [options] package [version] debsnap [-h | --help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
debsnap is a tool to help with retrieving snapshots of old packages from a daily archive repository. The only publicly available snapshot archive is currently located at http://snapshot.debian.org By default, debsnap will download all the available versions for package that are found in the snapshot archive. If a version is speci- fied, only that particular version will be downloaded, if available. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -d destination, --destdir destination Directory to place retrieved packages. -f, --force Force writing into an existing destination. By default debsnap will insist the destination directory does not exist yet unless it is explicitly specified to be '.' (the current working directory). This is to avoid files being accidentally overwritten by what is fetched from the archive and to provide a guarantee for other scripts that only the files fetched will be present there upon comple- tion. -v, --verbose Report on the debsnap configuration being used and progress during the download operation. Please always use this option when reporting bugs. --binary Download binary packages instead of source packages. -a, --architecture Specify architecture of downloaded binary packages. Implies --binary. This can be given multiple times in order to download binary packages for multiple architectures. -h, --help Show a summary of these options. --version Show the version of debsnap. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
debsnap may also be configured through the use of the following options in the devscripts configuration files: DEBSNAP_VERBOSE Same as the command line option --verbose. Set to yes to enable. DEBSNAP_DESTDIR Set a default path for the destination directory. If unset ./source-<package_name> will be used. The command line option --destdir will override this. DEBSNAP_BASE_URL The base url for the snapshots archive. If unset this defaults to http://snapshot.debian.org EXIT STATUS
debsnap will return an exit status of 0 if all operations succeeded, 1 if a fatal error occurred, and 2 if some packages failed to be down- loaded but operations otherwise succeeded as expected. In some cases packages may fail to be downloaded because they are no longer avail- able on the snapshot mirror, so any caller should expect this may occur in normal use. EXAMPLES
debsnap -a amd64 xterm 256-1 Download the binary package of specific a xterm version for amd64 architecture. debsnap -a armel xterm Download binary packages for all versions of xterm for armel architecture. debsnap --binary xterm 256-1 Download binary packages for a specific a xterm version but for all architectures. debsnap --binary xterm Download binary packages for all version of xterm version for all architectures. aptitude search '~i' -F '%p %V' | while read pkg ver; do debsnap -a $(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH) -a all $pkg $ver; done Download binary packages of all packages that are installed on the system. FILES
/etc/devscripts.conf Global devscripts configuration options. Will override hardcoded defaults. ~/.devscripts Per-user configuration options. Will override any global configuration. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5), git-debimport(1) AUTHORS
David Paleino <dapal@debian.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 David Paleino Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BUGS
Reporting bugs The program is part of the devscripts package. Please report bugs using `reportbug devscripts` Debian devscripts July 3, 2010 DEBSNAP(1)