Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 7028-6C4 with an attached 7311-D20 Post 302192017 by frank_rizzo on Monday 5th of May 2008 10:44:16 PM
Old 05-05-2008
are you sure you don't have a power problem with the server? Does diags run clean?

work with someone onsite to remove the cables to the I/O drawer. Of course remove the devices first.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i/o drawer 7311-D20

can anyone help me with the i/o drawer D20???? what firmware i need for this machine and how do i install it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitt74
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get number of attached hard disks in HP-UX

how do i get the number of attached hard disks in HP-UX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process not attached to terminal

Hi Folks, When i try to run schedule job on Unix server am getting following errror messges in logs pic_selection @starting on Fri Feb 5 01:53:06 GMT 2010 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microfocus Cobol batch run Started: Fri Feb 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav20
4 Replies

4. Solaris

new attached lun in solaris 10

hi, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in Solaris 10. Is there any difference between cfgadm and luxadm command ? rgds, snjksh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple files to be attached

Hi all, Am in need of attaching multiple files of similar pattern? For example the files like a1.txt b1.txt c1.txt can be reffered as *1.txt Can anyone help me in attaching the files of similar pattern without mentioning their names completely. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
3 Replies

6. AIX

max drive size for 7028 p Series

We have an eight year old IBM P series 7028 model server running AIX 5.2, and are thinking about installing some bigger drives. The current ones are 78GB in a RAID5 array. It looks like there are 146 and 300GB drives available. Just wondering what a realistic size drive to install would be that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx attachment not getting attached.

Hi Friends, Please help me with this problem. I have a number of split files in a directory. each split files has pdf filenames in it. pdf files are also in the same directory. I send a mail for each split files present in the directory with the pdf file mentioned in the file. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcebalaji
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the Attached File in Email

Hi All, Is there a way on how to get the attached file in email using shell script? what i'm going to do? all i can see is to send and email but to get an attached file in email i don't find it. Please advise, Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
4 Replies
power(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 power(9E)

NAME
power - power a device attached to the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixpower(dev_info_t *dip, int component, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. If the driver writer does not supply this entry point, the value NULL must be used in the cb_ops(9S) structure instead. PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component Component of the driver to be managed. level Desired component power level. DESCRIPTION
The power(9E) function is the device-specific Power Management entry point. This function is called when the system wants the driver to set the power level of component to level. The level argument is the driver-defined power level to which the component needs to be set. Except for power level 0, which is inter- preted by the framework to mean "powered off," the interpretation of level is entirely up to the driver. The component argument is the component of the device to be power-managed. The interpretation of component is entirely up to the driver. When a requested power transition would cause the device to lose state, the driver must save the state of the device in memory. When a requested power transition requires state to be restored, the driver must restore that state. If a requested power transition for one component requires another component to change power state before it can be completed, the driver must call pm_raise_power(9F) to get the other component changed, and the power(9E) entry point must support being re-entered. If the system requests an inappropriate power transition for the device (for example, a request to power down a device which has just become busy), then the power level should not be changed and power should return DDI_FAILURE. RETURN VALUES
The power() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the power to the requested level. DDI_FAILURE Failed to set the power to the requested level. CONTEXT
The power() function is called from user or kernel context only. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm_raise_power(9F), cb_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2003 power(9E)