Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers search for a word and it's occurance at the output Post 302191965 by legendofanatoli on Monday 5th of May 2008 04:52:50 PM
Old 05-05-2008
thx a lot my friend
it's working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String search - Command to find second occurance

Hi, I am new to Unix world. Is there any command which can directly return the second occurance of a particular string in a file? Basically, I want to read the contents of the file from the second occurance of a particualr string. Can be implemented using a loop, but am just wondering if there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhsinha23
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the last occurance of a match in a file

HI please let me know if there is any command to search and replace only the last occurence of a string in aline. Eg: " This cat is a cat with a tail longer of all cat." I need to replace only the last "cat" in the above line. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikris614
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find frequent occurance of a word in a line?

File_source.DAT 1|abc|abc|abc|abc|abc 2|abc|abc|efg|efg|def 3|abc|bcd|cde|def|efg 4|abc|abc|abc|def|efg ========================= Please help me to solve this as below using UNIX. ========================= File_output.DAT "1"|"abc" - as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scpyraj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace only the first occurance

Hi, I need to search a string and replace with nothing, but only the First occurring string using sed/perl/awk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

word search in output

How to get the fisrt word of the output of a shell script . below command will display the list of baselines in my view . cmd : cleartool lsstream -fmt "%NXp\n" -view $VIEW_NAME Output : baseline:MHC_BUILDTREE1.0.1 baseline:JEPG_DUIF_CI baseline:MOR_BuildTree_BLD_I.0.1 I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep word after last occurance of string and display next few lines

Hi, I wanted to grep string "ERROR" and "WORNING" after last occurrence of String "Starting" only and wanted to display two lines after searched ERROR and WORNING string and one line before. I have following cronjob log file "errorlog" file and I have written the code for same in Unix as below... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a word in file and output to another

Hello Experts! I am trying to perform a common task, searching data from within a file and placing what is found into another.However, I have not been able to figure the “How to” with this situation. I need to search through all lines within this text and pull the first positional attributes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help search and replace the last occurance of match in a file

Hi I want to replace only the last occurance of "union all" in input file with ";" I tried with sed 's/union all/;/g' in my input file, it replaced in all lines of input file Eg: select column1,column2 from test1 group by 2 union all select column1,column2 from test2 group by 2 union all ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antosr7
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
GCJH(1)                                                                 GNU                                                                GCJH(1)

NAME
gcjh - - generate header files from Java class files SYNOPSIS
gcjh [OPTIONS]... CLASS... DESCRIPTION
The "gcjh" program is used to generate header files from class files. It can generate both CNI and JNI header files, as well as stub implementation files which can be used as a basis for implementing the required native methods. It is similar to "javah" but has slightly different command line options, and defaults to CNI. OPTIONS
See "javah" for a full description; this page only lists the additional options provided by "gcjh". CNI text options -add text Insert text into class body. -append text Append text after class declaration. -friend text Insert text as a "friend" declaration. -prepend text Insert text before start of class. Compatibility options (unused) -td DIR -M -MM -MD -MMD Unused compatibility option. Standard options: -help Print help text, then exit. -version Print version number, then exit. -JOPTION Pass argument to the Java runtime. BUGS
SEE ALSO
javac(1), javah(1), ... AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GCJH(1)